Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It seems to be fixed in 15 too. I checked the "first time in forever" part where it used to skip when Anna is singing out of the window, and it's fine
Interesting, but aren't all Blu-rays encoded in the same way? I've played many Blu-rays with PowerDVD and Frozen is the only one with this problem.
I thought I was out of options for 3D too until I found TotalMedia Theatre. For me it seems to be the most stable of the 3 players I've used, still not 100% perfect though.

I don't know if it's just the variety of different hardware that makes it hard for Cyberlink and others to make a reliable Blu-ray player, but that would be my guess. It's ridiculous when you think of the cost of this software.
Here's another update for anyone having this problem. WinDVD was even worse because it crashed after playing for less than a minute of the 3D Blu-ray. I tried TotalMedia Theatre 6 and it works almost perfectly. No skipping in the places mentioned above, but a bit of lag (temporary stuttering video) which can be fixed by just rewinding a few seconds and watching the part that lagged again.
Hi, I'm having this problem too, exactly as described above. It's good to know it's not just me because it really spoils the film. I'm using PowerDVD 13, but haven't tried the Blu-ray in a different player yet. I even sent it back to Amazon for a replacement, which of course didn't fix it. Both the 3D and 2D blu-rays have the exact same problem.

I guess these "skips" could be points in the film where there are layer transitions - it made me think of the old DVD warning, something like "layer transition may trigger a slight pause". I haven't had problems with other blu-rays, even played Hobbit 2 3D flawlessly. Please fix this Cyberlink, maybe for PowerDVD 14, or just a patch?

Edit: Tried it with PowerDVD 14, same problem. Also tried it with WinDVD 11 and it plays fine . At least, the "Ready for this change" part plays ok, I haven't played the whole film but hopefully it will be fine. Having said that, WinDVD has other problems. Skipping to chapter 3 causes it to crash, so I had to skip to chapter 2 then fast forward haha.

Clearly this is something Cyberlink need to look at and fix, it's probably the most popular blu-ray right now and their software can't play it properly.
Go to: