Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi,
3) The ability to produce a file from a selected portion of the timeline. I may be editing a wedding, for example, but want to send a clip of just the vows to the couple for some reason. I should be able to select that portion and then go and produce a file from just the selected portion. I don't know if that is possible now but I always have to delete the sections that I don't want included, produce the file, and then restore the timeline.

Quote The yellow tans at the top of your timeline scrubber can be pulled to each side to hilite a portion of the track. New buttons wil appear when you do this and one of them is to PRODUCE the section.

Oh what he said lol

lol. I guess I need to do some tutorials! I would often open those yellow rails by accident but never knew what they did - until now.
Quote Hi,3) The ability to produce a file from a selected portion of the timeline. I may be editing a wedding, for example, but want to send a clip of just the vows to the couple for some reason. I should be able to select that portion and then go and produce a file from just the selected portion. I don't know if that is possible now but I always have to delete the sections that I don't want included, produce the file, and then restore the timeline.thanks for your consideration
The yellow tans at the top of your timeline scrubber can be pulled to each side to hilite a portion of the track. New buttons wil appear when you do this and one of them is to PRODUCE the section.

Thanks, I always wondered what those yellow rails were for!
Hi,

i have been using PowerDirector since I got a free copy with a JVC camcorder in 2008 and I have upgraded every year and appreciated the new features, not all of which I have used. There are three things which I would love to see added - forgive me if they have already been suggested.

1) The ability to save preferences by project, particularly under the "file" section. I often work on more than one project at a time, each with its own directory structure and file naming convention, and any time I switch between projects I have to go and manually change the preferences. It would be so convenient t if at least the file preferences were saved with the project.

2) The anchoring of chapters to the clips instead of to the timeline. If I have a project and I have inserted chapters and then for some reason the client wants a section removed, I have to manually adjust all the chapters I had defined subsequent to the section I delete (or insert). It would be nice if the chapters stayed synced with the clips that they are attached to, rather than remaining static on the timeline. There could be an option to toggle the behavior, in case some people prefer them anchored to the timeline.

3) The ability to produce a file from a selected portion of the timeline. I may be editing a wedding, for example, but want to send a clip of just the vows to the couple for some reason. I should be able to select that portion and then go and produce a file from just the selected portion. I don't know if that is possible now but I always have to delete the sections that I don't want included, produce the file, and then restore the timeline.

thanks for your consideration
Go to: