Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I realize I may not have offered enough info..

Quad core Q6600
4G RAM
GeForce8600GT vid card
3 Hard drives, 2 set up in Raid 0, the other with the apps and OS

I have a disk recorded in HD. I plud the camera (HDR-UX1) into the pc via the USB cable, but I get an error (Disk may be corrupt or windows can nor read this type of file.)

I'd like to know what the process is for getting the video from the camera to the pc for editing.

Thank you.
This might be a dumb question... but here goes.

I have PD7, and a Sony HDR-UX1 DVD camcorder. I recorded a disk (in error) in HD. Is there a way to get the video from the disk onto my pc for editing?? I do not have a blue ray disk drive on my pc.

Larry
Hi all:

I have been trying to solve a problem with my PC, and the repair service is now suggesting there may be a software compatibility issue. After a fresh windows XP installation (that boots and runs), I install a few programs that I use (PD7 being one of them), and then my system will not boot.

System info:

XP Pro
Quad Core Q6600 processor
4 gig RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
Asus P5n-E SLI motherboard
2, 10,000 rpm 139G hdd set up RAID 0

I will be investigating the pother programs I use, but just thought I would put out a feeler here, too.

Cheers
Ron, I am running XP.

Because PD7 would not import the .vob files, I had to find a program that would convert the .vob files losslessly (is that a word?). Simply changing the extension from .vob to .mpg was a suggested solution on another forum, but the audio was a mess. It works fine, now, though the converter cost $40USD, and it is an extra step in the process. Movavi Video Converter.

An instructor at my school suggested I needed a capture card to import the video files??

I'm just glad I can now edit but would like to know what has changed since I first used PD6 without issue. Maybe i has something to do with my camera settings? Who knows.
1. Powerdiretor version: 6.00.2319

2. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)

3. Memory: 3582MB RAM

4. Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512.0 MB

5. Video files captured on a Sony HDR-UX1, Sony DVD-RW media

6. Problem description:
a. double clicked PD6 icon on desktop to open
b. Imported .vob file that is stored on my hard drive
c. Runtime error PD6.exe "abnormal program termination"

7. When I convert the .vob files to .avi, they import correctly.

**It should be noted this is a new problem. PD6 has handled .vob files properly in the past, but recently began to get these errors. In an attempt to fix this problem, my PC has recently been reformatted, the bios upgraded, and PD6 and the patch reinstalled. This did not fix the problem, so I am posting the information here to try to get some help.

Hi folks. I downloaded the upgrade last night because , well, PD6 was giving me problems freezing. It would even terminate the program while I was importing .vob files.

When I scrub the playhead, or even try to output to avi, the program fails. I have a quad core processor, 4 gigs of RAM, a 10,000rpm hdd, super fast video card.

Can anyone suggest a remedy or a place to start looking?

Thanks
If own a Sony UDX-HC1. I have had great success importing and editing .vob files with PD 6 until today. I get a runtime error when I try to import my most recent .vob files into the library.

I recently recorded 6 disks. 5 of them are Sony dvd-rw disks, recorded in SD (standard def). The only disk that will import into the library is one recorded on a FUJIFILM disk. All will play in my DVD player.

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Larry
scratch that. I found the tab in flash to resize the video.
I have been producing streaming wmv movies that are 320x240, then importing them into flash and creating a flash movie of the same dimensions. I would like to have movies that are 400x300 for my web site. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is it a Flash issue?
I have a dvd camcorder. I have been importing the vob files and working with them. I also experimented with converting them to avi and splitting them before importing them. Maybe a big waste of time, but I like having all the smaller clips in my library rather than a few larger ones.

My question is: "Is there a quality issue with doing it this way?"

Larry
Go to: