Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector Compatibility
Larry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2007 11:59 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:

I have been trying to solve a problem with my PC, and the repair service is now suggesting there may be a software compatibility issue. After a fresh windows XP installation (that boots and runs), I install a few programs that I use (PD7 being one of them), and then my system will not boot.

System info:

XP Pro
Quad Core Q6600 processor
4 gig RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
Asus P5n-E SLI motherboard
2, 10,000 rpm 139G hdd set up RAID 0

I will be investigating the pother programs I use, but just thought I would put out a feeler here, too.

Cheers
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

There's almost no chance that PD7 is the source of your problem. Your repair service sounds like they don't know what they're talking about either.

There's a lot of good forums to go to get help figuring out what's going wrong (Nvnews.net (lots of P5 board owners there), Rage3d.com, Nvnews.com, etc).

BTW I also have a P5 board (P5Q Deluxe) and a Q6600 processor (@ 3.2Ghz) and an Nvidia card (260 GTX).