Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You can think of it this way....PD used to call them folders. Now it calls them tags. You can create a tag, put media files into that tag, and they act like folders. Does that help?
Problem solved
Now I got you. I was able to organize it properly now. Basically, I was hung up on the notion of folders rather than organizing by tags. I appreciate the help James1 and Borgus1.
As far as I can tell, the Add Tag has nothing to do with folders. Borgus1 posted a help topic on Explorer View that talked about folders. My help topic on Explorer View says almost the same thing except replaces folders with tags and they don't do the same thing. Help topic included here:

Hi Borgus1,
First of all, I appreciate the help you have been offering. I did look at your revised response. It still does not help because my Explorer View does NOT have the Add folder icon. If you look at the screen capture I included earlier, you can see that I clicked the toggle, expanded the field, and it does NOT have the folder icon. It only has the Add Tag icon. Can you point me to another solution?
In PowerDirector 12, I would like to be able to create folders in the Media Library. I have seen several people point to an Add Folder icon in the Explorer View of the Media Library. Unfortunately, I do not have that icon. I only see an Add Tag Icon. I hope you can help me understand why I do not have the Add Folder option. Thank you.

Rick
Thank you, Borgus1. Unfortunately, my freshly installed PD12 does not have that icon there. Instead of the folder icon, it has a tag icon. I've attached the image of my view.
When I open the Explorer View in PD12, I do not see any options to create a folder. I only have the ability to add/remove tags.
Go to: