Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
In PowerDirector 19, what folder can I find all the downloaded "Background Music" on my hard drive?

Thanks
In the Slideshow Creator plug-in, is there any way to "Sync" the music with the actual length of the overall slide show?

I guess you are trying to import an FTA (Free to Air) program. Sometimes the reception is not perfect and the video file gets some garbage.

I would cut a small portion of the file (for example using VLC record function, or ffmpeg) and try that small file in PowerDirector.

Thanks......see my reply to OptoData up above!
Quote I can think of a few reasons why you might be seeing that error, and we'll have to run through a few steps to figure out what's going on.

The first is to download and try to import some of these sample .ts clips. I chose two at random (sample_1280x720_surfing_with_audio and sample_3840x2160) and they both imported into PD365 perfectly.

If those work on your system too, then the issue probably has something to do with your particular clips.

If you have one that's smaller than 100MB you can use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload it directly here. If your clip is larger than that, upload it to Google Drive or OneDrive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here.

See this FAQ for more details.

Thanks Opto.....I downloaded a 32MB file and it loaded into PowerDirector with no issues. Maybe that's the answer? These files that I'm trying to edit, and convert to a different format are nothing more than hour-long television programs from PBS, NOVA in particular, science show about the solar system, etc., that I recorded directly to a hard drive from my ChannelMaster 7500 OTA DVR. The files are unbelievably huge considering it's just an hour-long program, and I have to use a LINUX reader to get them from that external HD to my computer.

The good news is that I will now use a separate program to convert these large .ts files to H264 format, then edit them in PowerDirector. I don't mind having to do this "work around", but then again, they are rather huge files. Like I said, I truly appreciate the help, and I prefer PowerDirector over the other 3 video editing software that I own.

Thank You!

It does. As a matter of fact PD creates as many TS files as audio channels are in the TS file.

I have tried......but each time I load a .ts file, I get a message saying it's corrupt. Meanwhile I can play that file in any media player, such as VideoLan (VLC). How can I get it to work??? Please advise. Thanks.
I've used PowerDirector for years, and currently have v19.

Why won't PowerDirector convert Transport Stream (.ts) video files?

Thank you in advance!
Hello,

Does anyone know the location of the folder that contains all downloaded Music & Sound Clips? Which folder are these located in?

Thanks!
Merry Christmas,

Does anyone know how to incorporate laser blasts (e.g. Star Wars style) into a video, to make a drone look like it's firing it's laser cannons, with a resulting strike (explosion) on the ground?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Not something you really need, to have an update and then your software doesn't respond. I had a similar problem with the great "FALL" update of 2017. After several attmepts at re-installing the PD it still wouldn't work. Unfortunately for me, I ended up having to reformat my C drive and re-load all the software, it took sometime but everything now works. I think that the problem with my setup there was a build up of "small problems" and the FAll update just highlighted the issues.
I have my fingers crossed as I've also been given the latest Win 10 update. embarassed

Cheers

Dave F.

Dave,

Good luck with the update. So far the folks at Cyberlink and their "Paid" phone support haven't been able to pinpoint the issue, but it's only been a day. What's weird is that both PD 16 and Pinnacle Studio 20 respond the same way......no problem editing and saving the "Project", but when I click on "Produce" in both programs, it just shuts down with no explanation as to why. It just disappears from the screen. It has to be something with the rendering aspect of these two programs, and seeing as how I just paid $179 for the latest Director Suite 3 days ago, just before the Windows Update, I figured these folks at Cyberlink would have an answer. I'll keep everyone posted as to the status.

Hi Blue Fortune

Have you updated PD to build 2816? If not, do so, it may change things.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html
Robert

Edit: I see you have already. Did it install properly?

Robert - Yes.....I installed it just now, and that didn't help anything. I actually paid $29.95 for "Telephone Support", and called in but they're supposedly calling me back. It's weird that the exact same problem exists with both PD 16 and Pinnacle Studio 20. Go figure. I'm sure it's some sort of 'setting' issue, so I guess I'll just have to wait until they call me back. And thank you very much for your assistance. I've been using computers since before there was Windows.....I started back in 1985.
Quote The Windows update is the new Windows 10 1803 update. It is several GB big.
I also had that update and after it, my PD16 worked as good as before.

Does it fail with every clip?
Which format does the clip have?
Did you try without Hardware Acceleration?
DxDiag.txt?
Did you try reinstalling PD16?
Did you update you driver?

I did not need to "readjust" things after the update. Maybe that is the reason for your problems?

Did you install PD16 to the default directory? Or did you select a different directory?
Are the user files in the default directory or did you move them?

Hatti

Hatti - Thanks for replying. I appreciate it. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, (10.0 Build 17134)

To answer your questions:
1) Yes, it fails with every clip. When I'm done editing and click on "Produce", the program just closes with no notification whatsoever. I also have Pinnacle Studio 20, and the same thing happens there as well when I go to "Export" the edited project and make a new video.
2) All my clips are in .mp4 format.
3) I unchecked the Hardware Acceleration and tried again, to no avail.
4) I've attached the DxDiag txt file.
5) I did reinstall PD16, but without uninstalling it first. Should I do that?
6) As for the driver, which driver specifically should I update?

Thanks again. Hope you can help me find an answer.
Last night, after getting a rather large update to my Windows 10 OS, Cyberlink PowerDirector 16 refuses to "Produce" a new edited video. I've tried several times, to no avail.

Today, I purchased the "PAID Phone Support" to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. The editing works just fine, and saving the Project has no issues. But when I go to "Produce" the new project, the program just shuts down without any notice (e.g. the program crashed, etc.) as to why it happened.

The Windows 10 Update was the most extensive one so far, and a few other things had to get re-adjusted back to where they were before the update, so I'm sure this is related to why PowerDirector 16 won't finish the project.

Need some help, please!
Help for a NEWBIE,

Okay, so I recorded a movie that has commercials in it and I'd like to edit the commercials out, but I cannot figure out how to start doing this. Can someone please give me a "hint" or something? I've moved the movie down to the timeline, but how do I cut out the commercials?

Please help!
Go to: