Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with PowerDirector 16 after Windows 10 Update
Blue Fortune [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2014 16:09 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Last night, after getting a rather large update to my Windows 10 OS, Cyberlink PowerDirector 16 refuses to "Produce" a new edited video. I've tried several times, to no avail.

Today, I purchased the "PAID Phone Support" to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. The editing works just fine, and saving the Project has no issues. But when I go to "Produce" the new project, the program just shuts down without any notice (e.g. the program crashed, etc.) as to why it happened.

The Windows 10 Update was the most extensive one so far, and a few other things had to get re-adjusted back to where they were before the update, so I'm sure this is related to why PowerDirector 16 won't finish the project.

Need some help, please!
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
The Windows update is the new Windows 10 1803 update. It is several GB big.
I also had that update and after it, my PD16 worked as good as before.

Does it fail with every clip?
Which format does the clip have?
Did you try without Hardware Acceleration?
DxDiag.txt?
Did you try reinstalling PD16?
Did you update you driver?

I did not need to "readjust" things after the update. Maybe that is the reason for your problems?

Did you install PD16 to the default directory? Or did you select a different directory?
Are the user files in the default directory or did you move them?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Blue Fortune [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The Windows update is the new Windows 10 1803 update. It is several GB big.
I also had that update and after it, my PD16 worked as good as before.

Does it fail with every clip?
Which format does the clip have?
Did you try without Hardware Acceleration?
DxDiag.txt?
Did you try reinstalling PD16?
Did you update you driver?

I did not need to "readjust" things after the update. Maybe that is the reason for your problems?

Did you install PD16 to the default directory? Or did you select a different directory?
Are the user files in the default directory or did you move them?

Hatti

Hatti - Thanks for replying. I appreciate it. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, (10.0 Build 17134)

To answer your questions:
1) Yes, it fails with every clip. When I'm done editing and click on "Produce", the program just closes with no notification whatsoever. I also have Pinnacle Studio 20, and the same thing happens there as well when I go to "Export" the edited project and make a new video.
2) All my clips are in .mp4 format.
3) I unchecked the Hardware Acceleration and tried again, to no avail.
4) I've attached the DxDiag txt file.
5) I did reinstall PD16, but without uninstalling it first. Should I do that?
6) As for the driver, which driver specifically should I update?

Thanks again. Hope you can help me find an answer.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
305 time(s)
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Hatti - Thanks for replying. I appreciate it. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, (10.0 Build 17134)

To answer your questions:
1) Yes, it fails with every clip. When I'm done editing and click on "Produce", the program just closes with no notification whatsoever. I also have Pinnacle Studio 20, and the same thing happens there as well when I go to "Export" the edited project and make a new video.
2) All my clips are in .mp4 format.
3) I unchecked the Hardware Acceleration and tried again, to no avail.
4) I've attached the DxDiag txt file.
5) I did reinstall PD16, but without uninstalling it first. Should I do that?
6) As for the driver, which driver specifically should I update?

Thanks again. Hope you can help me find an answer.

Hi Blue Fortune

Have you updated PD to build 2816? If not, do so, it may change things.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html
Robert

Edit: I see you have already. Did it install properly?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2018 13:23

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Blue Fortune [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi Blue Fortune

Have you updated PD to build 2816? If not, do so, it may change things.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html
Robert

Edit: I see you have already. Did it install properly?

Robert - Yes.....I installed it just now, and that didn't help anything. I actually paid $29.95 for "Telephone Support", and called in but they're supposedly calling me back. It's weird that the exact same problem exists with both PD 16 and Pinnacle Studio 20. Go figure. I'm sure it's some sort of 'setting' issue, so I guess I'll just have to wait until they call me back. And thank you very much for your assistance. I've been using computers since before there was Windows.....I started back in 1985.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Your systems looks good. What you get are "Stackhash" errors.
One of the reasons for that error can be an unsufficient power supply unit (PSU). Did you "pimp" your system not long ago? And now it needs more power? And when you start producing/rendering, the CPU/GPU are very heavy loaded and need much power.
Have a look at the internet.
Have you updated your Graphics driver?
If nothing helps, have you considered to clean your registry with e.g. CCleaner?
Have you tried a windows clean start?
have you tried "command prompt" "sfc /scannow"? That checks, if system files are corrupt.
I have no futher idea what causes the StackHash-errors, sorry, I am out...

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Not something you really need, to have an update and then your software doesn't respond. I had a similar problem with the great "FALL" update of 2017. After several attmepts at re-installing the PD it still wouldn't work. Unfortunately for me, I ended up having to reformat my C drive and re-load all the software, it took sometime but everything now works. I think that the problem with my setup there was a build up of "small problems" and the FAll update just highlighted the issues.
I have my fingers crossed as I've also been given the latest Win 10 update. embarassed

Cheers

Dave F. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Blue Fortune [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Not something you really need, to have an update and then your software doesn't respond. I had a similar problem with the great "FALL" update of 2017. After several attmepts at re-installing the PD it still wouldn't work. Unfortunately for me, I ended up having to reformat my C drive and re-load all the software, it took sometime but everything now works. I think that the problem with my setup there was a build up of "small problems" and the FAll update just highlighted the issues.
I have my fingers crossed as I've also been given the latest Win 10 update. embarassed

Cheers

Dave F.

Dave,

Good luck with the update. So far the folks at Cyberlink and their "Paid" phone support haven't been able to pinpoint the issue, but it's only been a day. What's weird is that both PD 16 and Pinnacle Studio 20 respond the same way......no problem editing and saving the "Project", but when I click on "Produce" in both programs, it just shuts down with no explanation as to why. It just disappears from the screen. It has to be something with the rendering aspect of these two programs, and seeing as how I just paid $179 for the latest Director Suite 3 days ago, just before the Windows Update, I figured these folks at Cyberlink would have an answer. I'll keep everyone posted as to the status.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

My system is now updated to 1803.

PDR16 2816 seems to be working normally, with both old projects and new ones being produced without problem. So far no-one else has reported this issue so.....??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
bg56 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2018 16:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

My system is now updated to 1803.

PDR16 2816 seems to be working normally, with both old projects and new ones being produced without problem. So far no-one else has reported this issue so.....??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

It may be a coincidence but I too have suddenly developed an issue where "CREATE DISC" never completes. The only change, I had just booted from a Windows update. I am using PowerDirector 12 but this same project worked just before the update/reboot and I was burning another disc. Will try to produce a video file later as I'm giving the create disc longer to complete just in case. The last burn took about 6 minutes. Currently, I'm sitting at 30+ minutes with 24% complete since about 6 minutes.
UPDATE: I gave up on PD12, upgraded to PD16 and the disc creates in under 6 min as before.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2018 18:03