Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Good morning from Maui,

I'm a new PD12 user currently editing with Avid Xpress Pro 5.8.1 on a dual boot XP/Win7 PC (I run PD12 on Win7).

Avid Xpress runs on XP (SP2). When I complete an HD project in Avid, I export a QT ref. file then import into Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 (I know, older version) where I output as MPEG 2, which becomes M2V & WAV files which PD12 doesn't recognize. The Squeeze phase of the workflow allowed me to set the datarate so that I could control output file size (in order to fit on 4.7GB DVD).

PD12 won't recognize the M2V files so I'm trying to figure out which part of my workflow needs to be changed or upgraded. I could output from Avid as an uncompressed .MOV file but can I re-render the file in PD12 if it's too big? Or do I choose a different configuration in Squeeze?

Your ideas are most welcome
Go to: