Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Workflow: Avid > Sorenson > PD12
[Post New]
Good morning from Maui,

I'm a new PD12 user currently editing with Avid Xpress Pro 5.8.1 on a dual boot XP/Win7 PC (I run PD12 on Win7).

Avid Xpress runs on XP (SP2). When I complete an HD project in Avid, I export a QT ref. file then import into Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 (I know, older version) where I output as MPEG 2, which becomes M2V & WAV files which PD12 doesn't recognize. The Squeeze phase of the workflow allowed me to set the datarate so that I could control output file size (in order to fit on 4.7GB DVD).

PD12 won't recognize the M2V files so I'm trying to figure out which part of my workflow needs to be changed or upgraded. I could output from Avid as an uncompressed .MOV file but can I re-render the file in PD12 if it's too big? Or do I choose a different configuration in Squeeze?

Your ideas are most welcome Keith Ranney dba Keith Ranney Studios
Keokea, Maui, Hawai'i - www.keithranney.com

System: Win 7 Pro, SP1, Intel Core Duo, E8400@3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 600
Workflow: Avid > Sorenson > PowerDirector 12
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Keith,

I am not familiar with those prgms- but I am a firm believer that the less things I use to get to the end product is the less headaches I get.

In other words have you tried to use PD alone to edit and generate your movie file?
Or else just go ahead and export the Avid file to PD and use PD for final editing / output?
(Or conversely edit with PD and if possible, use your other prgms to export to file- whatever works for you.)

Also just an FYI- talking about other prgms other than Cyberlink software such as Power Director is a no no in the forums, so just be aware.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Further to what RobAc has written.

M2v = mpeg2 video without audio.

It's been a while since I used m2v files, just change the file extension from ****.m2v to ****.mpg.

Drop the "new" mpeg2 into PDR along with the WAV audio track - the only problem for you would be to correctly marry up the audio to the video.

I haven't got a sample to test out my theory, please work on a file copy when converting/changing the extension.

Dafydd