Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I know this is an old topic, but PhD 7 has the same issue.

'Auto Tone' is OK with JPEg images, but not with Canon CR2 (Eos 70d) and Fuji RAF (HS50exr) files.

The problem is always the same, midtone is set far too high and blows out most of the detail.
Hi handlep.

As Chris and I discovered, the PP version of Phd4 is NOT a retail version - it works exactly the same way, but as a promo version it has the wrong version number to allow an upgrade.

I got a full Phd5 version after pointing this problem out to customer services, but obviously it took a couple of days to sort it all out (Cyberlink is based in Taiwan, so they aren't online at the same time as me).
This problem may have been fixed by now. That would not surprise me as I found customer services to be very good at what they do.

However, to get the new Phd5 immediately, I would recommend buying it outright from http://www.cyberlink.com/products/photodirector-ultra/features_en_GB.html?&r=1.
It is on sale at £39.99 until the end of January, so is virtually the same price as the upgrade offer.
Forget last post.

Further investigation / experimenting shows the problem to be with DAP (download accelerator plus).
Disabling DAP in Firefox lets the files download correctly with the .pdadj filetype attached.

So folks, turn off any accelerator plug-ins before trying to get presets from DirectorZone
There seems to be a major issue with PhD5 when downloading presets from DirectorZone.

So far, I've only got 1 preset to install on PhD5. All the others have downloaded but don't have the .pdadj file type.
Adding .pdadj to the filename doesn't help, and they are only 190 bytes so they are clearly NOT preset files.

It seems as if the download button only contains the link, not the actual preset you are supposed to be downloading.

To be sure it isn't a problem with my browser (Firefox) I have uninstalled Java and re-installed it from a fresh download.
Sorted.

CS sent me a fresh download link with an amended file version. Installed no problem and the original CD Key worked first time

Time to give it a try on some of the 100's of images stored on my PC..............
Almost Pix, but the CD Key supplied is being rejected by the installation.

We'll get there in the end
Damn.

My 'About' says PhotoDirector HE

This came via Practical Photography magazine, which also says it can be upgraded to PHD5 - seems like I needed to enter a coupon code when upgrading, and the Cyberlink order page didn't say you cannot upgrade promo copies without the coupon. That didn't stop them selling me a copy though!

Guess I'll have to wait until customer support get back to me.

Crazy really, because the difference between upgrading and buying outright on 'black friday' is less than £2.
So, I paid £45.43 to upgrade to PHD5 from PHD4.
Great, downloaded no problem, click to install and .......

"Setup cannot install the upgrade. Your system must have at least one of the following versions of PhotoDirector installed: 2.0/3.0/4.0/5.0. The installation will now abort."

WTF ? I clicked on the 'Black Friday' upgrade pop-up when I launched PHD4 ! So obviously PHD4.0 IS installed.

I know what the first reply will ask - which version of PHD4? It's file version 4.0.4317.47441
Go to: