Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When I go back and try to download/install it on my computer I get this (attachment).

I thought it might be that the trial would have ended, so I used different email/name when downloading, same result, that is as far as I can get.
Hello,

I had quit trying because it looked like nothing worked, I have checked my sisters computer as I said I would.
My first time opening the program I got these 2 notices (see attachments). When opening PowerDirector 12 anytime after, it loads up normally. I have attached a dxdiag file in case.

I have not yet fully checked all the areas, but it looks like it works for this other computer.
Powerdirector does not start in safe mode. I open it, it says to install richvideo, after installation and the program opening it still shows the error message.

Avast is an anti virus program
Malwarebytes is a malware protection program
Advanced Systemcare Ultimate 6 is a system optimization/maintenance program, it has malware/virus scanning but those are done manually.

In other words they all do their own thing.
From what I have searched up, the much earlier versions had problems, have yet to see notice that this has malware.

I ended the processes of malwarebytes and systemcare (so they would not be active on my computer when installing) and disabled avast.

I uninstalled powerdirector by using Revo Uninstaller's deep scan (just incase there were some leftover files that kept causing it to not fully replace everything).

Then downloaded and installed it running as Admin. When opening Powerdirector this time I clicked Yes to allow Cyberlink to get data from my use of the program (all the other times I clicked no, figured to try all options in case one would fix the problem). Once clicking the option on the right the error message still appears.

I also clicked "run in sandbox" (avast option) on powerdirector, the outcome is still the same.

I right-clicked Properties of Powerdirector and activated compatibility mode for each of the options. The error message still appears.

My sister will be coming over soon and I can ask her to let me test installing Powerdirector on her computer (it is similar sort of to mine). If it does/doesn't work on hers could look at the similarities/differences to see whats making mine not work.

Thank you for all the help.
When I click OK, the box disappears and the program closes immediately afterwards. This also applies if I click the X.

The X on the speaker is just because I had clicked Mute to not hear any volume. (if I un-mute it it is still the same result)

When I open a video file via "open with" and click Powerdirector, the outcome still remains the same.

I exited out of Malware Bytes anti-malware, avast protection, and advanced systemcare ultimate. The things that are automatically running on my computer. After I opened the powerdirector, it took a little moment more for the error to appear (usually it appears immediately, this time was like 1-2 seconds later.)
Yes the service Richvideo is running in Services within task manager.

I have re-installed Quicktime (clicking to remove current version, then running the installer again).

The error message is the same.

I know this is taking a long time, thank you for the continuous assistance.
Richvideo.exe is installed.

I use 32bit so I do not have RichVideo64.exe.

I ran an antivirus and malware scan.
The program still is not working properly.
I only have RichVideo running in Services, RichVideo64 is not listed. Shouldn't RichVideo64 only be present if you have Windows 64bit?
I checked in Safe Mode, when I opened the program it said Richvideo was missing and if I click OK it would open PowerDirector and install it. (note, while not in safe mode RichVideo had already been installed) I clicked ok, then clicked one of the three options on the right of PowerDirector and the effect was still the same as the first post.

I figured to check if aspect ratio 4:3 would work (instead of 16:9 as I have been testing it at), I didn't think it would change anything but figured to check anyways. No it had no affect different from what was stated.

Below is the screenshot of the error message.

Thanks,
Knarf

Edit: when opening Easy Editor or Slideshow Creator I get the first image, when opening Full Feature Editor I get the second image. figured it might be able to help.
Thanks for the reply. I tried to download the deluxe one, still the same outcome.

I am fine with the program taking longer (not enjoying the experience as much) I would still like to use it though.

Also I would like to know why it is saying that a component is missing. Would it say that if the computer wasn't able to run it at full capacity? Usually programs don't say that, it is saying it as though somehow something didn't get downloaded with the program.

Do you think my computer would be able to run PowerDirector 11? Also, is 11 similar to 12 (just not as grand?) like the effects, etc.

If anyone knows the answer to the questions, your help is greatly valued.
Thank you for the help, however it still has the same as my first message.

*Firewall is not blocking Cyberlink.
*I turned off Anti-virus throughout the whole downloading/installation process.
*I clicked "run as administrator" when installing.
*Quicktime is installed on my computer (up-to-date version).
*Richvideo.exe service is running.
*Windows Media Player is also already installed on my computer.
*My video card's driver is fully updated (pretty sure that's what you meant by software)

Still not sure why its not working.
I have downloaded the trial of Powerdirector 12, went through the install wizard with no problems, then when I open the program and click any of the three options on the right side (full feature editor, easy editor, slideshow creator), then click "try now". I get a pop-up saying "CyberLink PowerDirector cannot launch because an important program component is unavailable. Try reinstalling the program.".

I have reinstalled the program, still same thing. Then I uninstalled the program and re-downloaded the file from the cyberlink website, went through the whole downloading/installing process another time, and yet again I keep getting that message.

After receiving the pop-up the program closes.

I do not know what to do as it doesn't appear anything wrong has happened to it when installing it, yet it keeps saying that something is missing. (No I do not know what that missing thing is)

If anyone knows or can help me it would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Go to: