Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If UAC is disabled then the option to run as admin is grayed out because you’re already and admin and it no longer needs to ask permission. I’m at a roadblock activating. I submitted to support that I am logged in as admin and UAC is disabled and they email me back telling me to disable UAC and try again. I cannot stand when support is so inconsiderate as to not read what I email them in the first place and then to send me a canned answer is just insulting. I'm stationed in Germany for the army and I don’t have a phone near my computer that I can access. I wish I knew why the activation program thinks I'm not an admin. This is so frustration to not be able to use something I paid for. If they have today off as some companies do then I guess I go my 4 day weekend without HDDVD Enjoyment. I guess it could be worse I could be in Iraq. O wait I will be soon. Joy. Thanks Cyberlink for looking out for your customers.
How did you use the 2414 patch installer to make it work?
Power DVD 7 Ultra

Windows Vista Ultimate

I am logged in as the only account on the machine which is an admin account. I disabled the windows vista "User Access Control". I installed Power Dvd 7 Ultra and the first time i launch it it prompts me for my key. I cut and paste it from the email i got from cyberlink and click activate. It says I dont have admin rights on the machine so it can't activate. I then right click the program and say run as admin and the same thing occurs. I dont know what I'm missing here. Anyone else encounter this and have a solution?
Go to: