Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activation Issue in Vista
Timothy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2007 09:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Power DVD 7 Ultra

Windows Vista Ultimate

I am logged in as the only account on the machine which is an admin account. I disabled the windows vista "User Access Control". I installed Power Dvd 7 Ultra and the first time i launch it it prompts me for my key. I cut and paste it from the email i got from cyberlink and click activate. It says I dont have admin rights on the machine so it can't activate. I then right click the program and say run as admin and the same thing occurs. I dont know what I'm missing here. Anyone else encounter this and have a solution?
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
When U try to launch PowerDVD, U can click the right mouse button.
And select "Run in Administrator".
To check if this program can be fix or not.
metzmma [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2007 17:25 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem. Where is Cyberlink support on this?
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Ask for Cyberlink help.
They can provide a new build or patch to U.
I got some issues with PowerDVD Ultra before.
They provided a new build(7.3) to me.
Fix some issues.
Turner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 14:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Following an upgrade to PowerDVD 7 I now cannot activate this product on Vista as I also am not running with administrator privileges (though of course I am.)

Steps taken so far:

Disabled User Account Control
Run this in compatibility mode for xp
Run 'with administrator privileges'
Disabled Kaspersky totally

So now I am unable to even start PowerDVD and I am £25 short. I would appreciate a fix for ths.
Turner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 14:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Awesome Cyberlink- you fixed it!

Credit where credit is due that was the best support response I have ever had. Thanks.

After contacting Cyberlink with the specific technical query I received a new download location complete with passwords etc.. and this installed flawlessly. If you are having this issue contact cyberlink using the technical query section.