Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
All,

I experienced the same download problems as mentioned by others. I managed to download the entire 200+ MB file eventually. I didn't cancel the download after receiving the error, instead I selected "retry". This will continue from the point where it stopped.
I must say that the download speed was embarrassingly slow. This had nothing to do with my Internet connection speed, nor was it related to the suggested firewall issues. I'd no problems downloading updates in the past from CyberLink nor do I have problems downloading from other sites. Also, nothing changed at my end. Maybe the reason is the size of the update?

Best regards,
Angelo
Hi Kc2911,

Did you log your problem through your account on the CyberLink website?

The best thing to do is to create a support ticket.

Follow this link:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Select "Product functional issues" under "Technical Support", provide all required information and describe your problem in as much detail as possible.

To help you advance in your problem escalation I've copied below the questions that you may receive. They relate to making screen captures and creating a diagnostics report which you have to send to CyberLink. It will help if you can do this at the same time you log your problem.

Good luck & best regards,
Angelo

Suggestions and questions from CyberLink Support:

Please update the latest patch from the website given below.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

If issue still persist, please provide the following information so that I can assist you in better way.

1. System Information (DxDiag.txt)

To create the DxDiag.txt log file please follow the steps below:

a. Press the Windows Key + R.
b. Type in DxDiag and press Enter or click OK. This will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.
c. Click on the Save All Information button.
d. Save this file to your Windows desktop and name it dxdiag.

2. Serial number of the software

Open PowerDirector--> Click on the PowerDirector logo (Right top corner.

To take a screen shot, please press Print Screen key on your keyboard. Then go to Start>programs>Accessories>Paint. Paste the screen capture there by pressing Ctrl+V or alt+Edit+Paste. Save the file and send that to me for analysis.

3. Screenshot of the error message when software crash.

Screenshot steps:

A. Click on the printscreen button on the keyboard when you gets the error.

B. Click on start -> programs-> accessories->ms paint-> press ctrl key+ v from the keyboard to paste the screenshot.

C. Save the file and send to us.

4. Event Log File. Please follow the link below to get the steps to generate the log file:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=10449

Use the below mentioned link to get back for further queries:

>>https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do<<
Just for those who are interested. My problem has been resolved by the CyberLink R&D team in Taiwan.

They ran a TeamViewer session on my PC last week (4AM in the morning my time). They installed a debugger tool, copied 2 dll files over, let me produce videos starting from Plug-In/Theme Designer and my crashing problems were over. The dll files were of the same name but included different fixes. They capured logging info and retrieved them for further analyses. I ran additional tests later in the day producing different movies from different Theme templates and no single crash occurred. I performed similar tests starting from the Magic Movie Wizard, and also here no problem.

I reported my findings back to the Taiwan team. They will perform more inhouse testing before making the fix available to the main public through a future update release.

It took some time since my initial escalation. There were the first back & forth questions and answers with the support team, providing diagnostic files, and other stuff. But it helped the R&D team to create a fix and test it on my computer.

Thumbs up to the CyberLink team.

Best regards,
Angelo
Received feedback from CyberLinks Support that they have escalated the problem with details to their Product & Development for further analysis.

Keeping fingers crossed they find the problem quickly.

In a previous post I noted already that the upgrade of my memory from 4GB to 8GB didn't solve the problem.

As a test I installed PD12 on a laptop which runs Win7 64-bit with 4GB of memory. The laptop uses a quad core cpu and Nvidia graphics card as opposed to the AMD card in my PC. It produced movies created from a theme without any problem. It looks 4GB in a Win7 64-bit will have PD12 do the job. Of course the more memory the better performing, especially with complex projects.
Still the same crash problem.

Hi HDedit,

I was able to borrow 2x 4GB SIMM cards and replaced the 2x 2GB cards in my PC to get a total of 8GB.

Did the same test: select the default theme called "memory field"
Enabled Opening, Middle1 and Closing sequence (just to keep it small & short). Added the default images in the place holders. Selected Produce, leaving the default settings to AVI (but can as well choose any other format to have the problem occur), select OK and the crash happens almost immediately without an error. The Issue Reported is opened for me to send the report.

To double check my problem without üsing the "theme" option, I simply added a couple of the default images to the timeline, added some Fx to it and produced a movie without any problem.

In my case crashes occur when wanting to produce a movie from plugins/theme designer and also from the Magic Tools.

Disk space shouldn't be an issue since I've 199GB free space left.

I've added below an updated DxDiag report.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Hi HDedit,

Thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated. I should have more carefully read the system requirements. I thought my PC had enough memory (4GB) + the onboard memory on the graphics card.

I'm surprised CyberLink support didn't catch that one from the DxDiag.

I'll see if I can get some memory added quickly for a test to confirm if this resolves my problem.

Best regards,
Angelo

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum. I just purchased PD12 last week and immediately encountered the following problem which I already escalated to CyberLink Support. Their first feedback to install the latest patch (which I already did when installing PD12) and updating my video card driver, didn't resolve the problem. I supplied them all requested files and data and am waiting for feedback.

I noticed on this forum that a similar problem occured already before and for some people was resolved by the currently available patch:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29846.page

But the solution provided doesn't work for me.

What is my problem?
Steps to the crash:
Select Plug-ins, Theme Designer, Film Strip (or any other theme), deselect every sequence type except Opening (just to keep it simple and small), select OK.
From the default Media (which comes with PD12) drag forest.jpg to place holder 1, and girlinthegrass.jpg to place holder 2.
Selecting play will run the short movie in the preview window without a problem.
Confirm with OK.
The chapter is placed on the timeline.
Select Produce. Keep selection on AVI and don't change anything else. Click Start. Now the application crashes and offers me to send the crash report.

This crash occurs each time, regardless if I choose AVI, MOV or any of the other video types.

I've similar crashes happening when wanting to create a movie from Magic Wizard.

Creating a new project, adding default images + movie clip to the timelime and adding some Fx followed by produce, MOV and keep defaults for everything else will create the movie without a problem. This applies to any other movie formats as well.

I've deinstalled PD12 several times, incl. QuickTime. Cleaned out the registry using Ccleaner. Even kept the install to the bare minimum PD12 + Patch and no content packs.

Also deinstalled other applications which I thought could be interfering with PD12.

The crash is without error message. There is also no feedback in the eventvwr related to the crash.

I've no idea what to do next and hope some of you might help me.

Additional HW, software info:
Computer platform: Medion
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium + Service Pack 1, 64-bit, All latest patches installed
Processor: AMD Athlon II 640 3.00 GHz (4 processors under task manager)
RAM: 4 GB
Updated all drivers with any latest available drivers I could find.

PowerDirector 64 bit Ultimate version 12.0.2109.0
SR Number: VDE130822-02
Patch installed: PowerDirector_2109_GM2.5_Patch_Patch_VDE130822-02

I'm also supplying the CrashReport, output of the DxDiag and a screenshot of Cclean.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Go to: