Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem solved! Problems with Create Disc: BD25 H.264 with custom menu. Error eA0040003. 12.0.2327.0

- In beta patch build v2321 it was not working but I saved the PDS file and used in the V2327 beta patch. That will not work !

- I sended info to CL that it also not works in the new patch BUT.....

- Made it all from the start (v2327) with new custom menu and that worked.

So, it looks like old created custom menu's (saved PDS files) won't work but when new created it works. Thanks all.
My stops at 44% but i think its related by the size of the media to burn. Like the BD25gb .. my m2ts file is about 11Gb so thats about 44% of a bluray 25gb disc. When he is done with the m2ts file and have to start working to create a menu the error pops up. The new created m2ts file plays perfectly but no menu created.

A pm told me the CL crew is working on the problem. They can contact me if they need extra info.
Quote: Glad I checked out this forum....and downloaded the trial version of PD12. I have the same problem as you Sander01. Glad i didnt shell out the $ yet for an upgrade from PD7. Do hope they fix this soon though.

FYI I am running win 8.1
It seems that win 8.1 may not be the issue but rather a software issue with rendering menu's in this format as listed below.

my video's are H264 so its already m2ts
In “Create Disc” on the “2D Disc” tab I have selected:
Blu-ray 25GB
Movie format (BDMV - with menu)
Widescreen (16:9)
H.264 HD 1920x1080 60i
Dolby Digital 5.1

It appears to author the whole file then crash at the end. Trying to do the Menu with chapters.

Here the same, files are already m2ts.
Ill post update when the fix is here.
Thanks for your reply
Still problems with Create Disc: BD25 H.264 with custom menu. Error eA0040003. 12.0.2327.0

I've send a compleet report to CL.
More people problems with this error?
Please PM me or reply..

Thanks
I've installed the new PowerDirector 12 BETA patch v2327
( btw.. the about box says 12.0.2321.0 after installing the patch! )

Still no fix for the error eA0040003 with custom menu with H.264

Just to let everybody know.
Quote: I have recently gotten my PD12 to produce a video file with no errors. What seemed to fix my problem might not make sense but I selected “MPEG-2 instead of “H.264" and my project finished without any errors. Don’t know if that was the cause or not?????

Best of luck and I hope you get it worked out. Let me know if anything I said works.

Thanks, John

Confirm. With Mpeg-2 it works. But looks like there is some quality loss with Mpeg-2 decode/encode.
So hope they fix the H.264 encode/decode option in combination with custom menu.

All my video's are shot in H264 so its already m2ts and it's just adding the menu.
With H264 it gives the same error again. I'm going to install the new beta. Maybe its working.
Keep u updated.

Cheers, Sander
Ive send all of the issues to cyberlink. I Confirm that dvd section works fine. Maybe the 50p conversion to 24p in combination with custom menu that gives problems... I dont know. Ill wait till cyberlink can simulate the problem.
I've installed the BETA Patch to see if the problem is solved but still there.. 12.0.2321.0

Same error here !

- enough free disk space
- 2GB 660 nvidia
- with or without music in menu
- with and without hardware support
- m2ts file with mpeg or avchd
- same menu but than conversion to dvd with menu works great!

BD25 with menu, 24p, avchd, dolby digital 5.1

Looks like the program have problems to create BD with new template menu's.

DVD works fine with new template menu.

create a BD25GB disc with self made menu in menu preferences. at 44% it stops and " Burning Unsuccessful. Error code: eA0040003 Possible cause(s): The format of the media stream is invalid. It may by the following reasons, 1. the format of the media file is not supported. 2. the file cannot be located successfully. 3. the parameters or settings applied to the function are incorrect. 4. Directshow filters are not registrated well.

I run with 331.58 Nvidia drivers. not the latest because that issue is known.

Hope they find sollution fast.. need to burn this project soon !
Go to: