Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
yep, that is certainly one feature I like about current Windows OS.

So then.. I shall now refrain from using the CL function and issue a warning for others who might dare to try it... create your current restore point first!

fixed... performed a System Restore and reloaded everything.
Quote: Have you tired Windows System Restore? That is absolutely the last option I would recommend, but it may work. Maybe try starting Windows in safe mode and see if PD will open.

thanks Jaime-esque, that did the trick... quite a pain in the arse that little box caused for me.

recommend that the programmers put a BIG FRICK'n WARNING there...
Yep, getting ready to try that now... I'll report back!
Hello all, sorry for this problem being my first original post here but I am in a bind with PD11 regarding "Hardware Acceleration" option found under "Settings" menu.

While in this settings screen, I selected the 'OpenCL technology' option and immediately PD11 locked up. I had to kill the app via Task Manager. Now the program will not start... it executes and immediately shut itself down. Very strange!

So far I have removed and reinstalled the program 3 times using various methods - to include using CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_11.0.exe, running CCleaner to clear the registries, verifying all folders were removed, etc - nothing works?

I am (or was) running PD11 on a Samsung series 7, i7 2.2Ghz, 8Gb RAM, with AMD Radeon HD6490 graphics.

I was actually having a lot of fun building a nice project and still have that PDS file in tact - hoping to finish it!?

Any help would be great = I do plan to get with the technical folks tomorrow to try and resolve or at least get a refund (this being day 1 of my purchase)

thx all/ Alex
Hello all, sorry for this problem being my very first post here but I am in a bind with PD11 over this very discussion & settings.

Looking through all the preferences of my new software, I selected the 'OpenCL technology' option and immediately PD11 locked up. I had to kill the app via Task Manager. Now the program will not start... it executes and immediately shut itself down. Very strange!

So far I have removed and reinstalled the program 3 times using various methods - to include using CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_11.0.exe, running CCleaner to clear the registries, verifying all folders were removed, etc - nothing works?

I am (or was) running PD11 on a Samsung series 7, i7 2.2Ghz, 8Gb RAM, with AMD Radeon HD6490 graphics.

I was actually having a lot of fun building a nice project and still have that PDS file in tact - hoping to finish it!?

Any help would be great = I do plan to get with the technical folks tomorrow to try and resolve or at least get a refund (this being day 1 of my purchase)

thx all/ Alex

Go to: