Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,
I had this problem once when using the menu designer and it was because I had not selected a button frame.

Cheers
Des
Hi Nina,

While Cyberlink tell us the minimum specs in regards to how powerfull our computers should be I don't think that it would be commercially possible for them tell us what cofigurations we should be using. I also think that as AllenChicargo wrote different software,utilities etc can have a bearing on how PD operates.
I was fortunate in that a friend of mine is a computer consultant to a local video production house and he built my computer for me. I have very few problems. I use my computer for video editing and for very little else. I also do not have it overloaded with software.

Cheers
Des
I agree with AllenChicago
90% of problems on this forum do not relate to the software. They are due to computer configurations.
I have no problems. PD9 always calculates the DVD burn size and the folder size the same for me.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
VM Windows Professional XP
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM DDR3
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Chip type: ATI display adapter 0x68B8
Motherboard ASUS P7P55D-E
1TG Hardrive

Cheers
Des
Hi All,

Have just discovered that if you place some ambient sound under the snapshot or colour board that you have placed in the timeline, all subsequent clips that you have added show the video audio slider in the Audio Mixing Room

Cheers
Des
All Hail Caesar,

I followed Dafydds advice and started from scratch. I.E. uninstalled PowerDirector9 Ultra ( build 3305 ) and
installed the original version of PD9 Ultra ( Build 2702)and then added Patch 3305.
Everything is now fine in the land of the long white cloud regarding SmartSound.
Except for the Audio Mixing Room.As soon as I installed Patch 3305 the Video Audio Slider once again disappeared after I introduce a snapshot to the timeline.

Cheers
Des
Cheers Gary 1545,

Will do.

Des
Hi Tony,

From across the Tasman where the Irish play great Rugby I have re-installed the 3305 patch twice to no avail, I have also downloaded the patch again incase the original was corrupted . Again this did not fix the problem.
Later today I am going to start from scratch. I.E. Uninstall PD9 and then install PD9 ( Build 2316 ) plus patch 3305 .
I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers
Des.
Hi Dafydd,
Hi Tony,

I think Dafydd may be right.Will try a Re-install.
Tony. I am not getting the variations of track by changing the durations as you suggest. Also right clicking and selecting add to music track does not work.

Setting the duration to get variations is a new one on me.I can find no reference to this function?

Cheers
Des
Hi Tony,

The SmartSound tracks that would not drag and drop for me were

Bach Guitar
Blues to Go
Boulevard Funk
Cold Metal
Hot & Spicy
Kickin Back
New Vistas
No Borders
Rodeo Roundup
Synergy
Take Me there
Tribal Theory

There may be others.

Cheers
Des

P.S. I have just noticed that it is the Styles with only one track that wont drag and drop.

Styles that contain multiple tracks will drag to the timeline. Curious!!!!
Hi Rocket-Scientist,

1. Have you tried all the sound clips as some do drag and drop.

2. www.smartsound.com>support>software updates>quicktracks updates> (for Cyberlink Powerdirector.)

Cheers
Des
I now find with the most recent build of PD9 ( 3305 ) that 90% of free music in Smartsound will not drag and drop into the timeline.
Ironically prior to build 3305 the 'Introspective' style in Smartsound would drag and drop and play in the timeline but would not burn to disc. Now that works fine. ( this was the subject of a previous thread )
Now we have another mess.
Cyberlink giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.
I have SmartSound Version 5.1.8.0

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
VM Windows Professional XP
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM DDR3
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Chip type: ATI display adapter 0x68B8
Motherboard ASUS P7P55D-E
1TG Hardrive
Hi all,

Things are becoming stranger and stranger.
I have updated to build 3305. I am running a 64bit system.
I have just captured some old footage from a DVD and have started to re-edit it.
I have 10clips on the timeline, a snapshot and then another 8 clips.
I have just noticed that the video audio slider appears on all clips highlighted before the snapshot but not on any clips highlighted after the snapshot !!
This will have to be fixed quick otherwise I will have to stop editing.
Houston we have a problem
Cheers
Des
Well done Tony.
Hi Barry,

Thanks for the 5 Stars.
I may be old in years but I am not an Old Guy i'm just a recycled teenager.

Des
Hi Barry,

You are right.
I do not know what I was thinking. A big case of foot in mouth.
I was burning more than one project to a disc for the first time and noted that multiple thumbnails were appearing
on the 'No Menu' template and that they were reviewable. i.e. would play the different projects if clicked.
I incorrectly assumed they would burn to disc but I did not like the background.
I note on the 'PD 10 Why would you buy it' thread that some youngsters at under 60 are using the AGE card
so I suppose at 79 I am allowed a few faux pas.

Regards
Des
Is there anyway of changing the background in the "No Menu" Template in PD9. I do not like the current blue colour when you are burning multiple projects to the one disc. There are many nicer backgrounds that could be used.

Cheers
Des
Hi All,

Sorry for not acknowledging your posts sooner but I have been away and also I have been working my way through your comments.

Tony,

Many thanks for your Lucid WMA file. It works perfectly and burns to disc ok
I had previously produced to a WAV file and could not get that to work.I have now ,following in your footstaps, produced LUCID to a WMA file and it burns ok.

I am also using SmartSound build 5180

I am looking forward with anticipation to receiving your two preloved DVDs.

Dafydd,

Re the applying of patches.
I have applied all the patches (since 2316) as they have been released with the exception of 2330a ( I have an ATI Radeon 5700 series card )
How will reinstalling 2316/2504/2930 help me ?

I think there is still a SmartSound/PD9 bug to be fixed.

Cheers and thanks,
Des
Hi Dafydd,

Can you clarify the position regarding Builds (Patches)
I have always understood that the most recent patch included all the fixes from previous patches.
From memory I did not update to 2330a. Is this my problem? I went straight to 2504.
If it is necessary to install all updates will I have to go back to 2330 and progressively install all the patches in sequence.
The only mention of a SmartSound fix that I can find is in build 2930 and relates to sound volume.

Regards
Des

Hi Tony,

I am creating a slideshow of Forestry Equipment for an Exhibitor to use on their stand at a forthcoming Forest Industry Expo.
The track I wish to use from SmartSound is 'Lucid' from the 'Introspective' Style.
I have increased the duration to 11mins.
I find it plays OK on preview but is not there if you burn to disc or produce to file.

Regards
Des.
Quote: My REF: 115 Issue reported.
Dafydd

Hi Dafydd,
Has this bug.i.e.not being able to burn Smart Sound to disc been fixed
Still having problems.

Regards
Des
Quote: My REF: 115 Issue reported.
Dafydd

Hi Dafydd,
Has this bug.i.e.not being able to burn Smart Sound to disc been fixed.

Regards
Des

Go to: