Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, I was in the same boat with constant crashes with PD 13 and 14, was pissing me off to the point where I nearly asked for a refund... uninstalling geforce experience did the trick for me, now I'm smooth sailing again
That hotfix didn't fix my PD crash, still would error upon loading AND editing video clips no matter what, even with gpu driver updates.

What DID fix my crash error was to uninstal nvidia's geforce experience which is fine because it's a hopeless addon anyway.
Thanks for the link to patch v3130... I was browsing through the forums in search of similar situations of PD13 randomly exiting during editing on a Windows 10 machine... I'll try the patch to see if that sorts it out.
Hey Carl312, I too like PowerDirector, and like a lot of people here, I've also been investing hard earned cash into every single upgrade version to date, however, PD13 is the only version that has introduced the flickering.

I know my hardware and drivers are up to date for I had 3D animation, video editing and audio production in mind when I built this machine. All my other resource hungry software, DAZ3D, ZBrush, Adobe AU, Kontakt 5, and Pro Tools 11 run and perform flawlessly, all but PD13.

Cyberlink just need to fix it, plain and simple... instead of having to go back to the latter or having two versions installed, one being it's predecessor, is a silly procedure, maybe you're happy and content with comparisons to older versions but why compare the new to the old when it's obvious that the upgrade is suppose to be the new and improved version.

When I upgrade, I expect the software to exceed the latter, not to match it or drop to an inferior level because hindered with a bug.

Apart from the new UI, all I've really seen are just new content packs and the addition of H265, the engine is practically still the same as PD12 only the Hardware Acceleration is notably buggy when enabled during both preview and after the final video is converted and saved.

The tool is PD13 Hardware Acceleration, without this tool, rendering video in 2K or 4K, doubles in processing time.
Found your post whilst also looking for a solution to video flickering both during preview and after rendering, correct and I totally agree, disabling either of the Hardware Accelerator options DOES NOT FIX IT!!!

Indeed it is a software fault because it happened to me upon upgrade to PD13 and the problem is persistant ONLY in PD13... to all you that are saying turn things off, well, the reason for buying this software in the first place is the attraction to be able to use those options like Hardware Acceleration and suggestions to disable things is rediculous and defeats the whole purpose of buying this product in the first place.

Not happy with the product as I feel I have been duped and have wasted money on this worthless upgrade.

As a customer of Cyberlink products for nearly a decade, it maybe time to move on.
Go to: