Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Excellent information Rob. I appreciate the time you spent on the reply.
Many thanks for the detailed information and links.
Thanks RobAC. That confirms what I was seeing in procexp.
Can you explain the difference between Produce video before burning and Produce fast video render?
PD Version 11.0.0.2812
SR number VDE130411-03
OS Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit
Processor i5-2400S CPU @2.50 Ghz
RAM 6.0 GB
Virus protection AVG

This topic follows up on my previous topic "Error Burning DVD - eA000005 & eA001000D".

Hardware acceleration is turn ON. During both Write to File and Burn to Disk, the CPU usage reported by Procexp (Sysinternals Process Explorer) is ~100% and GPU usage is ~0%. See attachment for an annotated screenshot with CPU and GPU usage history. When is the GPU used by PowerDirector?
Not getting responses, and the topic has drifted from the specific errors in the title. I will open a new forum question.
Thanks for all of the help so far. Look for new topic "GPU Usage Near Zero During Burn To Disc".
Hi stevek - I rechecked GPU usage when Burning to Disk with hardware acceleration ON. The result was the same as reported previously. GPU usage was only a few percent (i.e. GPU not used by PowerDirector). Could someone confirm these results on their system using Procexp?
Reposting my question for the forum experts...

During both Write to File and Burn to Disk, the CPU usage reported by Procexp is ~100% and GPU usage is ~0%. Surprising that the GPU is not used during these tasks. Is that expected, and is it a problem?
Dafydd, Writing to folder then Burning to disk worked. Thanks for the suggestions.

The resulting DVD has some small artifacts, but is good quality. Writing to folder takes considerably longer (2-3X) than PD's initial time remaining estimate. Still concerned about high CPU usage and lack of GPU usage. Is that expected, and is it a problem? Attached are several screen shots to provide more information.
Thanks for the suggestions Dafydd. I am writing to file right now. CPU is near 98% and GPU is <1%. Why was GPU performance mentioned if it is not being used to write to file nor burn the DVD?
Thanks for the information Dafydd.

I purchased and installed a new graphics card. Model is MSI Geforce GTX 650. Since I was able to burn a DVD (as mentioned in my previous post), I decided to add in the video enhancements that I had removed.

My thought was the GPU would handle the additional graphics load of video enhancements. My settings for PowerDirector preferences for Hardware Acceleration is ON (both enable OpenCL technology and enable hardware decoding). Well, the burn failed with error eA001000D. Checking system performance with Procexp, I noticed that GPU usage is <1% most of the time. Why isn't Powerdirector using the GPU? Attached are my updated DXDIAG files.
Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated. Here is the current status:
* Updated driver
* Changed Windows font to 96 dpi (100)%
* Set AVG to exclude directory with my PDS files

With the changes above I am able to burn a DVD with my full length video (after deleting all chapters). Progress!! The video comes out jerky with A/V sync issues. I suppose this is due to my low end graphics card. Can you provide suggestions on a mid-range (i.e. affordable) graphics card, or at least the specs that I need to make high quality DVDs?
PD Version 11.0.0.2812
SR number VDE130411-03
OS Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit
Processor i5-2400S CPU @2.50 Ghz
RAM 6.0 GB
Virus protection AVG
DXDIAG files attached

Hi,

I am having problems burning a DVD-RW. At first I was getting error eA0000005 after reaching about 92% complete. I read through the cyberlink forums and tried the various solutions suggested: restarting PD, uninstall/reinstall PD, updating PD, CCleaner, defrag, shut down other programs, turned off enhancements, deleting/undeleting video tracks, produce then import video, etc. Finally I tracked this error down to a problem with DVD chapters.

Once I clicked "deleted all chapters" I got a new error eA001000D. Even with the error, PD creates a playable DVD, but the video is jerky and has audio/video sync issues. It doesn't seem that I am making headway so I am turning to the forum experts to get more specific advice. BTW, I am able to create a DVD using only a small portion (30 sec) of my original 35 min video.
Thanks for your help

Go to: