Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'll try it.
Thank you Carl.
Hmmm, interesting.
But... this means though that I would have to split the media everywhere I put a time marker, otherwise the beginning of the clip will jump to the marker. Than I am back to placing splits again, which cannot be randomly removed.

What I need is just a removable reference marker and nothing more, that is always visible in the timeline.
Quote: you can undo a split by using thre Undo function on top of the Powerdirector user interface. Splits are undone in the order they were placed.

Yes, but as I stated above, that won't work for me. For example, I need to undo the 6th split back that I placed, but none that were placed subsequently.

Quote:
Chapters are best added to the video after all video is edited.

Yes. That's why I'm placing split marks to mark chapter locations while editing, so I know where to put the chapters after I've broken up the video and am ready to produce..

Quote:
As far as knowing your places, you can use a piece of paper and write the time code and what the time code is. (Make Notes).

Splits work better for me as the time locations change when I break a large video up into parts.

My method of keeping track of where I want chapters works well, except when I need to change a chapter location. I can place a new split where the new chapter location goes. I just can't delete the old split, so I have to remember to ignore it. I'm just using the splits as reference markers. It would be really nice if Powerdirector allowed you to embed reference markers in video clips that stayed in place (and weren't tied to the time marks like chapters are) and could be deleted at will.
How do I remove a split in Powerdirector 11?

I am trying to use the split feature as a workaround to how Powerdirector 11 edits chapter markers when portions of a video are deleted. When I delete portions of a video in Powerdirector 11, I expect Powerdirector to also delete the chapter markers associated with the video that was deleted. However, it does exactly the opposite, and instead saves the chapter markers associated with the video that was deleted, and deletes the chapter markers associated with the video that was not deleted.

As I workaround I use a split instead of a chapter marker when I break up a multi-hour video (that is too long to fit on one DVD) for producing onto several DVDs (with several chapters for each DVD). The splits stay where I want after breaking a large PDS file into smaller ones and I can then easily add the chapter markers afterward, wherever there is a split.

Sometimes during editing I need to move the location of a chapter, hence I need to move a split mark, or remove one and place a new one. I can’t undo the split without undoing all actions I made after I placed the split, which I don’t want to do. How can I simply remove the split, or merge two adjacent portions of a video, separated by a split, back into one piece – without deleting all other portions, producing the two I want merged as one video, and then importing the merged clip back into the original? That seems like an inordinate amount of work for something that should be simple and it loses the raw data contained in the original segments.
Yes, you are correct. This is working fine for me now. I was trying to open up a gap by selecting and then stretching a clip and one entity on another track wasn't moving because that entity began before the end of the clip I was stretching. Operator error. Thanks for setting me straight.
I am making a video that contains slides, video clips, music, PIPs, and titles. I am using 12 tracks total. I want to insert some slides and cause all tracks to the right of the insertion point to shift the appropriate amount. I have searched and seen that some people suggest checking a "link all tracks" option under Edit-Preferences-Editing. However, Powerdirector 11 doesn't appear to have that option. If I just make the insertion I can then choose to overwrite or to move clips on the same track to the right, but there is no option to move ALL tracks to the right when I insert. Obviously I need to do this because all the sound and effects to the right are synched to all the slides and video clips to the right. How do I do this? Thank you.
Thank you Tony!
Thank you both. Problem solved without needing to manually edit the PDS file.

Quote:
Another possibility is to produce the image (with motion applied) then reverse the produced video. Simple.

Thank you ynotfish! I'm new to video editing and this hadn't occurred to me. Problem solved!

Quote: I didn't find it too difficult to reverse the motion path in Motion Designer (just remembered each keyframe setting & switched them around).

I'm curious though and would like to know more about how to implement this technique. You said you "remembered each keyframe setting" How do you determine those settings? All I'm aware of for reference is just the graphical image presented by the Magic Motion window which shows the blue and orange dots and the frame around each. Is there a way to read quantitative information about the position of the dots and the size/location of the frames?
Although I could generally remember what they were I could not reproduce them exactly with the cursor. My problem stemmed from the fact that Powerdirector does not take advantage of available resolution in the source slide when it zooms. I needed very accurate positioning as I was zooming into a location, then fading to a high-res cropped (Photoshop) frame from the initial slide, then zooming in on that frame, etc. so that my final image was still hi-res.

Thanks again for providing me a quick solution!
Does anyone have experience manually editing (with a text editor) a .PDS script file? I have used the Magic Motion feature to create a "clip" which pans and zooms a slide. I would like to create another clip that exactly reverses this action. I am unable to do it satisfactorily using the graphic interface (cursor, etc.) in Powerdirector because the cursor controls are just too course. All I need to do is interchange the blue and orange dots so if I could manually edit the script file it should be easy.

I can read the file with a text editor and I can probably sit down and reverse engineer what is going on, but if someone has already had experience doing this and is willing to share their knowledge it would save me a lot of time.
Go to: