Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
move all tracks when an insertion is made
pcgpnw [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2013 00:53 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am making a video that contains slides, video clips, music, PIPs, and titles. I am using 12 tracks total. I want to insert some slides and cause all tracks to the right of the insertion point to shift the appropriate amount. I have searched and seen that some people suggest checking a "link all tracks" option under Edit-Preferences-Editing. However, Powerdirector 11 doesn't appear to have that option. If I just make the insertion I can then choose to overwrite or to move clips on the same track to the right, but there is no option to move ALL tracks to the right when I insert. Obviously I need to do this because all the sound and effects to the right are synched to all the slides and video clips to the right. How do I do this? Thank you.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pcgpnw,

You should have these options available when doing general inserting/adding/removing of your media. Are they not showing in your PD11?

[Thumb - Insert Options 1.png]
 Filename
Insert Options 1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
377 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 04. 2013 19:18

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
pcgpnw [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2013 00:53 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, you are correct. This is working fine for me now. I was trying to open up a gap by selecting and then stretching a clip and one entity on another track wasn't moving because that entity began before the end of the clip I was stretching. Operator error. Thanks for setting me straight.