Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi David,
Sorry for the delay in my reply.
I own a professional type theatre fitted with 7.1 equipment. (2-front /1 x Sub/ 1x center and Sub/ 2 x side/ 2 x rear and all full range speakers / 2.5 Kw)
This is all in a a dedicated sound room approximately 8m x 7m x 2.4m
With this size room if you were to turn off, say the side channels you would notice a collapse in the surround sound field. Likewise if you turned off the rear channels.
Remember Dolby Pro-Logic? When left and right channels equal each other this would then form the center channel.Added to this was steering logic that placed the phantom image in the right position with the onscreen image.(Mapping)
The modern versions of this are DTS-ES and Dolby EX
As you can gather 5.1 which is the most common sound track on Blu-Ray is a serious compromise in my system where as 7.1 is great.
THX surround EX will map Blu-Ray 5.1 to 7.1 in all cases down SPDIF. No compromise.
When using direct full range analogue out from the Auzentech X-FI HD card 5.1 or 7.1 is all you get.(no mapping on 5.1 to 7.1)
I would like to see Cyberlink incorporate the THX surround EX into P-DVD-9 so that if your system is 7.1 you have 7.1 channels in all cases.
Trust this helps and thanks for your time. Thanks for bringing the no 7.1 analogue out to Cyberlinks attention. I suffer the same irritation.
Cheers Les
Hi Gerry,
Thanks for your time and effort. To follow is the fix and trust this helps others.
I very much enjoy my new Auzentech HomeTheatre HD sound card and Its only going to get better, isn't that great!
Cheers Les

Hi all,
Firstly I would like to thank you all for your immediate support. I very much appreciate your help.
The problem I had, was isolated to the MSI K9N Platinum mother board logic, not the X-FI HD card.
The K9N motherboard requires a sound card to be on-board or in the PCI standard slot to boot out of bios to the operating system.
If you remove both, the machine will not boot.(PCI-E is not included in this boot sequence)
The fix is to remove the PCI standard sound card.Turn on the on-board sound in bios. Install the new Auzentech HomeTheatre X-FI-HD card into the PCI-E slot and the machine will boot.
Then turn off the on-board sound in windows.
Problem fixed. Ya who!
Trust this helps all.
Thanks again
Les
Hi all,
I have a MSI K9N PLATINIUM mother board and I am running VISTA 64 and am having trouble with the system hanging at the end of boot before the operating system starts when the X-FI Home theatre HD card is installed.
If I remove the card normal operation is restored.
Has anybody experienced this?
Cheers Les
Hi David,
Yes I found the same. Also I would like to see a mapping process included to interpolate 5.1 to 7.1 channel. At present with the most common 5.1 mix on B-Ray you find you lose either the side channels or the back depending on your speaker selection.
In a large theatre like mine this is a serious compromise.
Cheers Les
I have installed 9 Ultra V1719 utilizing Nvidia driver 182.5 for Vista 64 bit O-S and GTX280 video card.(Experienced unstable operation while watching TV via P- Cinema 6 with 186 Driver and DVD playback via 9. Blu Ray seemed OK)
I am so happy with Ultra 9! I feel that after all this time, things are really starting to look good. Picture resolution has been enhanced and sound alignment issues are being managed.
I can give Cyberlink a big hands up for improved quality here also. Dolby True HD is almost perfect and the flags have been restored to trigger external decoders into Dolby EX for True HD.
The only problem left requiring more effort is with DTS HD, where I still experience glitches with play back. I.E sound stays align but the movie will hesitate between sound file changes.
I am unable to ascertain whether this is a buffer problem or simply software. Playing the movie from the high speed channels via hard drive improves things a little.The software still lacks the flags to notify the decoder to switch to DTS Discrete or DTS-ES.
All in all a big thanks to Cyberlink.
Cheers Les
My operating system is Vista 64, EN8800GT, 6GB AMD 2 core and X-FI Xtreme music sound card.
Sound driver V 2-15-002 only one that did work and Video V 175.16 latest.
My system is always on SPDIF out and down mixing DTS-HD and Dolby True via P-DVD8 ultra.
Patch 1730u installed.

I have continued to suffer problems with Blu Ray, where Frame sync with Audio track is lost. IE sound gets out of line with picture over time. Aprox every 15 to 20 minutes .( DVD displays no such problems)
The latest Creative drivers appear to be worse in this regard.The one above is the only one I have found to work well most of the time.

Sync can be restored for a short time by indexing back a small amount.
I know this to be a software issue and 20th Century Fox titles cause me the most problems(AACS is a pig on their titles! often requiring a complete re-install of P-DVD 8 ULTRA. Corupting the software)
Has any body out their offer any suggestions?
Cheers Les
Go to: