Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
P-DVD-9 ULTRA AND X-FI HOME THEATRE HD SOUND CARD
Les [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2007 00:48 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,
I have a MSI K9N PLATINIUM mother board and I am running VISTA 64 and am having trouble with the system hanging at the end of boot before the operating system starts when the X-FI Home theatre HD card is installed.
If I remove the card normal operation is restored.
Has anybody experienced this?
Cheers Les
Gerry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2008 04:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Have you gone into your BIOS settings and disabled the onboard sound settings? This may be causing a conflict that is crashing your machine at boot up. Are you able to try another PCI-E slot?

hope this helps

Gerry
Les [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2007 00:48 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gerry,
Thanks for your time and effort. To follow is the fix and trust this helps others.
I very much enjoy my new Auzentech HomeTheatre HD sound card and Its only going to get better, isn't that great!
Cheers Les

Hi all,
Firstly I would like to thank you all for your immediate support. I very much appreciate your help.
The problem I had, was isolated to the MSI K9N Platinum mother board logic, not the X-FI HD card.
The K9N motherboard requires a sound card to be on-board or in the PCI standard slot to boot out of bios to the operating system.
If you remove both, the machine will not boot.(PCI-E is not included in this boot sequence)
The fix is to remove the PCI standard sound card.Turn on the on-board sound in bios. Install the new Auzentech HomeTheatre X-FI-HD card into the PCI-E slot and the machine will boot.
Then turn off the on-board sound in windows.
Problem fixed. Ya who!
Trust this helps all.
Thanks again
Les
iieeann [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nil Joined: Oct 21, 2009 21:20 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
wow, nice to see you having this soundcard too.

I don't have problem with the card and powerdvd, but problem with the Creative I/O. fixed now anyway after bios update.

I am getting an AVR to try the HDMI audio output tomorrow, either Onkyo 707 or Marantz 5004 or Pioneer LX52. Will see, no, will hear what the sound is like with Transformer 2.

The only problem with this soundcard is I can't find internal decoder for DTS and Dolby Digital option in Windows 7 (not sure in other OS); it is missing in the auzentech control. I end up having to use the powerdvd software decoding. Anyway thing will be solved with AVR. CPU......: i7-975, evga x58 Classified, Kingston 2000 1Gbx3
Display.: GTX285, Dell 2709W
Hdd......: x25M 80Gb x3, iRAM 4Gb
Sound...: Auzentech HTHD, Psyko 5.1, Razer HP1 5.1, Onkyo TX-SR876 AVR