Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well?
Try answering your PAYING CUSTOMERS FOR ONCE.
I get that crap too. Well PowerDVD what gives?
Quote:
Quote: Screw Cinavia. I just got raped twenty minutes in on a blu ray on powerdvd 12 ultra. I won't be spending my money here anymore when I can just play movies on my PS3 for free. Cinavia free playback is the ONLY reason many customers pay for powerdvd software. Not anymore. Read this, save your money. PowerDVD is broken now and totally useless to me.
I disagree. For those of us who use the software to watch original, store bought discs, PowerDVD 12 still works flawlessly.

And I disagree with you.

My "store bought" Blu Ray's won't play unless I "update".

Next BS story....
Quote:
No version of PDVD supports Cinavia yet. All Cinavia messages and limitations are explained here.

Baloney. I have PowerDVD 12.01905.56 and it won't allow me to play my store bought Blu Rays unless I download their FORCED update. I get all sorts of nutty messages, get taken to a page to update because manufacturer's requiring it, etc. I mean I am asked if I want to update and I say "no". End of story.

Instead I get more BS different error messages pop up about not seeing my device, or that my Anti v program is bad, etc, etc. All BS lies to try to get me to update..

Um, NO, not doing it.

I'll use Wind DVD Pro thank you. That WORKS as advertised.
Quote: Blu-Ray disks are not fragile unless you give them to a 5 year old kid who will rub them in their sandbox. I don't buy that excuse, sorry - people are just angry that they can't make illegal copies of blu-ray disks anymore.

If you just wanted to store the movies on a media server, well, then you can still do it, and you can still play them back too. Yeah, even with Cinavia. I won't post how here since it's also a way to make illegal copies, but it's very simple. It's just storing full discs or making copies of full discs and playing them back with blu-ray software which doesn't work anymore.

I purchase original discs and don't make illegal copies, and I don't mind such protections, which are actually way less annoying that the BD+ and other protections which were screwing up with each new movie release. The main point is that it screws up those who make copies of original blu-ray and sell them, and this is a good thing.

Who says you have to "buy anything" Who cares?

Plenty of people make backups of their legally purchased DVD's, Blu Ray's, and CD's. You are allowed to make one copy for your personal use as a back~up. Who the hell are you to suggest everyone that does so is a thief?

I do it because I don't want to bring my original's while traveling overseas or cross country. If my disc gets lost or damaged my original is at home and I don't lose the money I spent on it.
Go to: