Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK, Nina.
Thank you for your reply.
I saw your reference to cars earlier in the thread.
I don't know what to say, as I actually drives an EV. Haha!

But seriously: Thank you for your thoughts.
I guess they will be what I need to make my decision.

Takk :
Quote:

Hei, Nina.
Andres recommended that I ask you. Do you have any thoughts on my specifications (please see my longer post above).
Would you recommend that I just as well stay on PD11, or should I spend the few hundred kroner it costs, and upgrade to PD12, given the PC I have, and the struggle I've had on PD11?
Hilsen Bjørn
Hi.
I hope you not find my question off topic. I read Your thread about what PC you should choose. I wish you good luck, Andres.
My challenge is the oposite:
I have a PC but wonder if I have correct specifications to upgrade from PowerDirector 11 PowerDirector 12.
I am not good at understanding spesifications. I have had some trouble for example around rendering in PD 11, and the program did crash a few times in the beginning, but I followed steps in the forums, and I can live with it now, but the PD11 is now discontinued, and maybe the PD12 is better for me. It surtanly has some futures that I'd love, e.g. the multiple cam future.
Here's what I possibly on my PC:

What do you think?

Thank you, sincerely, Bjørn (Norway)

Component Details intermediate result Result
Processor Intel ( R) Core ( TM ) i7 - 2670QM CPU@2.20GHz 7.4 5.8
Memory (RAM ) 8.00 GB 7.6
Graphics Intel ( R) HD Graphics Family 5.8
Games Graphics 1696 Total available video memory (MB ) 6.7
Primary hard disk 97GB free ( 271GB Total) 5.9

Windows 7 Home Premium

System
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. , LTD.
Model RF511/RF411/RF711
Total system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64- bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Total size of hard disk (s ) 675 GB
Disk partition (C) 97 GB Free ( 271 GB total)
Disk partition (D) 363 GB Free (404 GB total)
Media drive (E) CD / DVD

Graphics

Video Type Intel ( R) HD Graphics Family
Total available video memory 1696 MB
Dedicated Video Memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1632 MB
Driver Version 9.18.13.697 video card
Resolution on the primary display 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network cards Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Network Broadcom 802.11n Network
Network adapters Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Network Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

Notes

Assessment of game graphics are based on the primary graphics card. If the system is connected or more graphics cards , some applications exploit increased performance.
Caution : Based on the results of WinSAT Disk assessment , system driver have lower response times for certain workloads. Performance results will depend on the specific applications used and available memory . If you are satisfied with the experience , it is not necessary to do anything.
Would like to give my thanks to ynotfish / Tony.
As I was asking out in the open for a workaround, your answer worked out just fine. Thank you for that, and also, I guess your tip gave me a new edition to my understanding of how to work around simular problems (if any) in the future.
As said, ultimate would be if the problem never occured, but hey! - The solution, or workaround, quickly and easy, worked out there and then.
(After all - I had used quite a lot of time on my project already, so it would hurt if I culdn't reach goal.)

Big thanks!!

* edit = grammar
In edit-mode, I used songs (the free ones), put it on the timeline in various lengths, and it worked just fine! Very, very nice.
Then I wanted to put in some more text-titles. To do this accurate, I did "Render prewiev". After adjusting some clips, I found that my songs had gone unadjusted again. When I try to to adjust them, they are sounding crazy. So I removed them, and want to set them in again. Visible, this works just fine. But the audio is just like before. It seems that PD11 "remembers" the improper songs. No help in adjusting them shorter or longer - PD11 still only gives med the improper songs. Also tried to shut down the computer, start it againg, open the last saved project before I started to remove the songs, but no better luck this time. It happens all over again. What is this? And is it possible to get around this? Also tried to uncheck the line with two music-notes on it, and later on check it (on) again. Nothing seems to work. Is it possible that the "mistake" I did was to rende prewiev? Be that as it may - should i not be able to get rid of the music, and install new? Oh, yes: I also tried to put in OTHER songs. PD11 STILL remembers the improper once: The timeline looks just fine, but the audio is the improper one.

Little help?

* edit: typo
PatC

T H A N K S for your reply. You confirm what I actually wanted to hear - cause I bought this computer at an expencive cost, so I would be very disappointing if the problem was in the PC. But, you never know: It could be a combination in my case. I hope not, and your reply points in the direction that it is eleven. As I said in the opening of this string, it also was the same problem with eight.
Just checked: I've got the latest build for PD 2418.
I will look into other updates.
Thank you! :
A couple of samples:

In this video, I've used the default videoclip (samlpeclip):
When I reverse the clip in the Timeline, the preview is jumping around.
But the outcome is fine.
The same clip is going four times, number three is reversed.

http://youtu.be/26mrpNr9E9U

In this next video (short!), my own clip is going twice, the second time it is reversed.
Nevertheless: In the Timeline, the preview just STOPS, when playing it.
Result is fine.
The about this, is that PowerDirector will be very irritating, and also difficult, to use!! You always want to see the preview of a project, before you are satisfied and finalizes the movie!

http://youtu.be/u0lxmhd1f2k

You are right. I have the possibility to rightclick the ikon, and choose between:
Run with NVIDIA processor with high performance
and
Run with Integreted graphics (standard)

In this case, from what you have figured out, I thought it would be a good thing to use the NVIDIA with the high performance. Why is it not??? Because it seems like it is running better with the standard-thing.

Anyway: The both causes freezing, with the only outcome of Ctrl-Alt-Del and kill the prosess.

I started the application again, and this question pops up:
"High Definition Video
Cyberlink PowerDirector detected that you are importing hight definition video. Do you want to enable shadow files for the video to speed up the editing process? (Please note that the preview quality of the video may be lower once the shadow function is enabled, but the quality of the final video is not affected)."

I answered NO.
No works fine, but if I say YES here, it gets much worse. So it is likely that I have to choose NO in the future.

I now tried to make a film with the same clips, but WITHOUT any of them using the option of PowerTools and Reverse Clip.
I works just fine.

As soon as I reverse a clip, it causes trouble.
But I tried to prosess the video (finish it), without preview. The final video (the outcome/result) works just fine.

So actually.. I wonder:
Is there any known workaround? If it was, I could use it, import the reversed clip, and this way, the PD can't figure out that this really is a reversed clip?

Not satisfied about getting unable to use the reverse-future, this is some of what I've been looking for, and uses in many cases...

Hm...
Hello.
I've now tried to reverse the samle clip (it's busses and trains, not nature). It seems to work OK, but today so did the last clip I'd try before posting my problems her.
BUT: Before I tried, I did turn off the hardware decoding, as several responses suggested.
I've tried to update my graphic card, but it came back with the result that the driver was the newest available.
I've turned off "Enable continous thumbnails on video clips for easy scene recognition".

I am not sure if I am using the latest version of PD? I am not sure how to get the latest patch. Is it easy to explain this for a newbie like me? I just bought the software last week, meaning I just resently downloaded the software. Guess that means it is the last version? Or is it anything I should do about the "latest patch", that I'm not thinking of?

When I preview the Timeline (video), the preview coughs.

You are worried about my graphic card because it just has 64MB dedicated memory. I thought that was plenty for this software. What are really the requirements?

Thanks for giving med feedbacks, guys!
Hope the attached file is what you are after.

Thank's for responding.

I could do that (upload the clip), but this is a problem whenever I use
- Power Tools and
- Video in reverse

It is not about this one clip, it is everytime I reverse a clip. Any clip.
PowerDirector 11 freezes when I reverse clip in Timeline.
I wonder what to do. I've read about this in an old forum (PD Eight), and the following information was given. I hope this could give a pointer to what my problem could be: Below you'll find the same information for MY problem and PC

1. The version is PowerDirector Ultra 11.0.0.2418
2. The file type is *.MTS (AVCHD), File size=47 MB.
3. The problem happens with any file i try to play in reverse in the timeline.
4. When i say freezes i mean it totally stops working and i have to hit "control, alt, delete" to bring the task manager up and shut it down that way.

Enable OpenCL technology to speed up video effect preview/render NOT CHECKED
Enable hardware decoding CHECKED

6. About PC:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2,20GHz
Ram: 8 GB
64 bit
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Free disc space = 360GB

Thanks!
Go to: