Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
An uninstall and reinstallation of QuickTime did the trick. Thankyou Carl! And thanks again Ron! You're Gentlemen and scholars!
Thanks Ron but the application crashes before the default pictures & videos finish importing which, on a solid state drive, isn't long!
Thank you Ron. I didn't think to provide my spec:

Dell Inspiron 1750
Intel Core Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.8GHz
4GB RAM
Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Unfortunately, the application doesn't execute at all now - It just crashes immediately. I've uninstalled & reinstalled and it does the same thing ... Is there an ini file where I can change the Preview to Normal by default perhaps?

Thanks again.
I downloaded and installed PowerDirector 11 (Deluxe) yesterday. The program executes and doesn't stay stable for more than a few seconds and then PDR11.exe stops working. I have tried every compatibility mode offered to me. I have sent a report to tech support followed by an email but I see there are similar issues on here with other Cyberlink products. I have a 64 bit laptop with a solid state hard drive but not because I am particularly au-fait with computers but because I use a statistical application that needs a lot of crunching power. I don't want my O/S to deceive people into thinking I know what I'm talking about so please use small words!

What is the distinction between 32 and 64 bit installations? Is PDR11.exe compatible with a 64 bit Win 7 O/S? Should I be looking for any tell-tale signs of missing complimentary / shared applications (DirectStuff etc.?)

I only want to take a few of our old home camcorder videos and play about with them. I used PowerDirector 7 a good few years and made a music video so I kind of know what I'm missing and I'm a bit disappointed that I've run into this as I know it's a great piece of software when it's running.

Tips gratefully received.

Gavin
Go to: