Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Something does not appear right. I have a GTX1070 and a RTX2070 and can't appear to collaborate your issue with a 1080p and various bitrate sample files as source. Maybe post the MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline) text file of the details for PD17 and PD20 produced files to try and identify some anomaly in the results.

Jeff

I am going to rerun both test and make sure nothing is running in the back ground and upload the test tomorrow.
Thanks for your help so far.

Not sure I understand. There is not a "hardware acceleration" button to toggle. The setting I mention is in pref>Hardware Acceleration but the toggle is to adjust decoding. Are you implying both PD17 and PD20 have toggle selected for "Enable hardware decoding" and then on the "Produce" page in the "Fast video rendering technology:" area PD20 has "NVIDIA NVENC" and PD17 has "Hardware video encoder" selected?

Is it also true that your timeline is a simple transcode from some 1080p source in both PD17 and PD20 and no color corrections or anything applied?

Jeff

Yes both options are selected in both programs.
And also it is a simple transcode from 1080p 30 frames source with nothing corrected or applied.
The only difference I noticed is that the new pc uses 100% of GPU and almost no CPU while old pc uses 20-30 cpu and about 30 gpu.

PD17 and hardware encoding with Nvidia GPU used NVENC too for your GTX1080

You didn't supply much detail but my guess, old PC you are using hardware decoding, new PC you're not. Set in pref > Hardware Acceleration.

Jeff

Both are using hardware acceleration I mean decoding
I just bought a new PC 5950x 32gb ram rtx3090 and upgraded from powerdirector 17 to 20.
My old PC is 1800x 16gb ram gtx 1080 running powerdirector 17
On a video 1080p about 67minutes HEVC Mpeg-4 1080/30p (11 Mbps)
The new pc took over 16 minutes while the old took 13 minutes
Both are using hardware rendering while the difference is the new pc is using nvidia NVENC
while the old is using whatever 17 uses for nvidia cards.

So my question is why is my old pc much faster am I doing something wrong?
I just recently upgraded (bought full Version) from 10 to 11.
And am having several issues one being.
When using wave-editor 2 to boost audio from a video track when it comes back into powerdirector the audio
doesn't match.
2. Sometimes when producing the file will lag (removing fast rendering and display seems to take care of it most but not all the time).
3. Also i upgraded my ram from 8 to 32GB and now the DVD capture from disk to file freezes and doesn't work most of the time(if i go back and use 10 it works fine.
I have a very good pc.
i7-3770k overclocked to 4.5GHz
32gb of Ram
4 Solid State drives raid 0
Radeon HD 7700 series (the weak link)
Windows 8 Pro

In the past when i went from 7 to 10 i had uninstall 7 and 10 then re-install 10.
Wondering maybe if i need to do the same here.
Also the video lag issue seems to get worse when rendering HD and SD together to SD file when rendering to HD from same File it seems to have less issue.
Go to: