Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Robert,

All the MP3's have been ripped and as far as I know are not protected. I can use the same music in my timeline and have it burn properly. Confusing, isn't it? I will work on it again this weekend and see if I can determine what could be causing the failure. Thanks again.....

Tim
Robert,

When creating the opening menu, I can select the song of my choice, then select the portion of the song I wish to play (MP3 format), and preview the selection without issue. The problem comes when trying to write to DVD. The system says "creating menu" and just stays there, never advancing to the next stage of burning. If I remove the song of my choice and insert one of the pieces of music provided with the program, the DVD burns properly.

I have tried this several times, with the same results. Hope you have an idea, because I've run out of them. Since I upgraded to Powerdirector 5 I have had numerous issues that were not present in previous versions. I have reinstalled the program a number of times, completely reloaded the operating system after formatting the hard drives to make sure there were no other files corrupting the system, and sent several messages to support. While they have been helpful in most cases, not all my issues have been solved. I am just about to complete a 2:30 video of one of our trips, and will be attempting to write the DVD. I will get back with any issues I have.

Thanks for your response, and sorry for being so long "winded".

Tim
Hope someone comes up with a response. The only music I can put in my menu is the little diddies that came with the program. Any time I use a piece of a song from an mp3 file, it hangs.
Go to: