Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A while back with PD6 I captured many videos from a DV tape camera and selected the MPG as the capture format. They seemed to be close to the original quality and much smaller than the .avi files I also could have captured in.

When I look at the file properties of these mpg files it states they are 720x480. When I play them back, raw just as captured, they are more like 860 wide than 720 wide. The height is 480 as stated. These files are 16:9 so the 860 I measure is correct.. Why do the properties incorrectly show 720?? Is there a good file property app that I can use??

Thank you... Bill

Thanks Jeff & Adrian,

I agree with you.. It does seem to be PD8&9.. Everything else I have is OK with these files... There are just too many variations to deal with.

This particular MP4 format seems to give give video at reasonable file size. I don't think I always want the 60 fps but when I try to reduce it to 30.. (Windows Movie Maker) with a .wmv format the size of the file only reduces by 20%. Where might there be a good forum, non specific to Cyberlink, to get good technical answers to many questions I have about the different video file formats.

I have posted a PD8 question in a new post... any help there would be appreciated.

Bill

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help.

Here's a 6 second clip... it crashed my PD8 like all the others from this camera. While I thought the crashes were related to the 59 or 60 fps, I also have 960x540 29 fps .MP4 from the same camera that also crashes my PD8. I have a working .MP4 file that was generated with PD8 a year ago that still works ok in PD8.

Bill
Hi Robert,

You said "The MediaInfo file on your clip is almost identical to mine"

What are the differences?

Thanks .. Bill
Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for your input.

These clips do work in any media player I have plus AVS editor, AVS converter, or remaker. Also they work in Windows Live Movie Maker.

At least I know now that it's not my system or "missing some codec etc.".

This camera is new and I hope a solution surfaces. I do like the format.

Bill

Thank you very much for your reply. I will investigate the steps you suggested.

Could you please try my file on your PD9... I already have tried PD9 (under a trial) and it would not even import this file.

Also, if other members on this forum with PD8 would try this file it would be great. If your PD8 imports it and then a "produce" try doesn't shut down PD8, I will know the problem is at my end and not a short-coming of a 60 fps .MP4 file and PD8.

Thank you all... Bill
Kevin,

Thank you for your quick reply... I am not well informed with all the available formats... Where does MP4 (my new camera gives me 1280x720 @ 60 fps) fall? Is MP4 short for mpeg-4?

Bill

Note - I found out that MP4 is a mpeg-4 part 14 video... While PD8 does support mpeg-4 they are only small in frame size... Am I missing something?

Bill
I have a new JVC PICSIO GC-FM2 - http://camcorder.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028751&pathId=58&page=10

I am having all sorts of problems with PD8 v3022 and the PISCIO’s MP4 videos. They are 1280x720 59fps. A short file is attached.

When I try to import this file I get “PD8 has stopped working” error msg. with the following details.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PDR8.exe
Application Version: 8.0.0.3022
Application Timestamp: 4c2017c8
Fault Module Name: CLMediaDetect.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.1.0.6014
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b262652
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002c49f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Other times I can import these MP4 files, can view them in PD8, but get the error when I try to produce one.

I have un-installed PD8 twice (with REVO).. same results… Also tried the trial version of PD9… with similar results.

I have Windows 7 32 bit (up to date), 3 GB ram – over 2GB free when this error occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: MP4 files @ 30fps work fine.

Thank you… Bill
Kevin R.,

Would you please recommend the "better format" you like.

Thank you,

Bill
When I "Create Disk" with 60 minutes of video it takes about 45 minutes to accomplish. (This is prior to the actual burn.) During this time my CPU (all 4 cores) are between 0 and 20%... what is going on? Why isn't the CPU up close to 100% and completing the producing part more quickly??

Thnaks... Bill

Go to: