Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Sorry to chime in this late (although 2 days …..). I browsed through the conversations, but I do see what precisely it is you want to achieve. It is your aim to get this 18 hour video on just one disk.
Or do you want the disk to be Blu-ray compatible so that it can be played on a standard BR player? If you aim to do that and try to make the 18 hours fit on one disk, even if PD could cope with that, you might expect the video quality to be very, very low.
In the first case, it may be a matter of just copying your files to a BR disk, using ordinary burn software. You don’t need PD for that.
In the latter case I would simply cut (or produce) the video into smaller chunks that fit on disk and allow for a bio-break when the disks are changed? You may even increase the quality of your video a bit.

So, with what you are saying, would it actually upscale my video quality? Because the original video is a lower bitrate than what the lowest bitrate is in powerdirector. Also, what do you mean by bio break?
I think this thread could just be closed, I looked into what I wanted to do and it isn't possible in powerdiretor. Thank you for all the help and I'm really sorry I wasted your time.

I have never tried to create a 18 hour BD with any consumer level video editor. PowerDirector is the most versatile. Do not know if such a disc works. You could try smart fit to see if it will work.

I did try smart fit and I had to tell it I was using a 100GB blu ray and it rendered the iso as around 60.9GB
So, still larger than I would like it to be.
Quote It does seem that earlier in this thread you posted a screenshot that your produced file encoded at 11 Mbps is 22.1 GB in size. This calculates out to be about 4.5 hours of video. It will certainly fit a 50 GB blank BD at the 17 Mbps bitrate.

To keep all 18 hours of video, there could be a problem. The original mp4 frame rate of 29.97 fps is not supported in the Blu-ray specification. 24p, 60p, and 60i are for use in North America. You could not just use the original mp4 source files. New files have to be encoded as m2ts at an appropriate frame rate and bitrate. I believe that avchd video on cameras have been as low as 8 Mbps. This will reduce the amount of blank BD needed.

There have been users that have experience with low bit rate material and hopefully they will chime in with their experience or suggestion. I have never created a 3.2 Mbps bitrate BD and do not know if the result is acceptable in viewing quality on a BD.

So, If I am understanding correctly there is nothing I can do in Powerdirector. I cannot compress the files or use the original bitrate. Is what I'm wanting to do not possible? Or is there some way to render it in an iso and then compress the blue ray?
Quote Something is not right 4.5 hours of video at 17 Mbps does not equal 148 GB which means that you require three 50 GB Blu-ray blank to hold all that. Go to the Produce screen, look at the Pie chart at the bottom of the screen. Let us know how much is Free and how much is Used space. You may not have enough free space to hold an image and a created folder.

Go to the Created Disc/Content tab. At the bottom left, click the arrows to change the display from size in MB to time. Take a full screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Believe that you may have about 18 hours of video to burn. Let’s see the screenshot and go from there.

It is about 18 hours and 20 minutes Long but I am still confused because all of the clips together are only 24.9 GB So why would the files size be getting so much larger. Is there something I need to do to compress the render?
this is the message it gave me (sorry the first two images are a repeat)

Thank you for the screenshots showing file sizes.. Missing on those screenshots are the file extensions, frame rate, and the codec used to encode the files. MediaInfo, a file utility can be downloaded and used to determine all that.

It looks like that your original can be AVC h.264 encoding 720/30p 3200 Kbps. 24.9 GB size of raw video files.
It looks like you produced to HEVC h.265 encoding 720/30p 11000 Kbps. 22.1 GB size after editing and trimming.
In Create Disc, you chose Mpeg-2 720/24p 26000 Kbps. 231 GB size estimated.

There is no need to change the encoding from the original assuming it was avc encoding. There is no need to change the frame rate from 29.97 fps to 24 fps in the Create Disc.section.

Try this: In the Create Disc section, Change the encoding from Mpeg-2 to H.264, HD 1280 x 720/60p (17 Mbps). In the Final Burn window, check Create a Folder. If you find that the folder created is 22.1 GB in size or less then you can use a 25 GB blank BD in your future projects but that is another story. 60p is a multiple of 30p so it will not give the video judder with mismatched frame rates like if you used that 24p setting. Hope this help...

I tried the settings you suggested and it made the file about 148GB. I will include pictures with the file details and my Powerdirector settings.
This is what my create disc tab looks like. The file size is huge, way more than it should be and I can't figure out why. Again, the Mp4s only take up 24.9GB on my hard drive. Is there something Powerdirector is doing to the video files when it tries to produce or burn them?
These are the details of the video it made when I used produce. This however was poinless because I had no menu, no chapters, and it was just an mp4 not a disk image to burn. Also it was only one of my 3 titles and it also grew in size.
These are the Original File details

There are no single Blank BDs available that can hold 231.69 GB. Your best bet may be to reduce the bitrate to encode on a blank BD. Assuming that you chose the 1280 x 720/24p 17 Mbps setting, 3 hours of video can fit in a blank 25 GB BD with menus and chapters. That is what I used to do. I believe that with smartfit this can be increased to 6 hours of video.

You claim that your original source video total 24.9 GB. Say at your present setting above is 231.69 GB at 17 Mbps. Then 24.9/ 231.69 x 17 Mbps = 0.107(17) = 1.82 Mbps is the original source file bitrate. You have more than 231.69/ 24.9 * 3 = 9.3 * 3 = 27.9 hours of video to put on BD.

This is why I'm confused. The Project I'm trying to burn is 1280x720, the same resolution as the source files. It is 18 hours and 20 minutes of video at a total bitrate of 3204kbps. I will include pictures in another post.
Hello, I was making a project in PowerDirector and I went to go burn my disc and it was way larger than the original file. My videos I put on my disc are 720p and the total file size of the videos on my hard drive is 24.9 GB. When I went to go burn my disc the Create Disc Tab Said my image was going to take up 231.169 GB. I think something has gone wrong and I don't know how to make the file size smaller.
[quotePostId=338164]

I tried what the forum post showed but that didn't help my problem. My menu layout was the same as the picture from the forum post you linked (see picture below). But it still didn't give me two different scene selects on the root menu like I wanted. I will repost the image I made in powerpoint of what I want the menu to look like (see below). As of right now I have two 4 projects in the content tab and each project has its own chapters. There is only one scene select on the menu and when I click on it it has all of the projects grouped together. I was wanting to pair Title 1 and Title 2 together in their own scene selection and Title 3 and Title 4 in their own scene selection. If you want me to I can post the Images of my project. What I'm specifically doing for my project I want to have two miniseries with their own seasons. and each season having its own chapter. I can post an image of what I want.[/quotePostId]

I was wanting to do something along the lines of what I have pictured below. Where you can navigate to two different Season folders from the root menu and then select an individual episode from the Season folder.

*I added the images in the wrong order. But the correct order is Slide1, Slide2, Slide3.

You need two "Titles" ( two movies or two pds files) for you to have the control you desire. You then point to the two "Title" locations in the "Create Disc" module under the "Content" tab. This very old thread and associated pic walks you through the behaviors for the most part: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7497.page#post_box_30591

Jeff

I tried what the forum post showed but that didn't help my problem. My menu layout was the same as the picture from the forum post you linked (see picture below). But it still didn't give me two different scene selects on the root menu like I wanted. I will repost the image I made in powerpoint of what I want the menu to look like (see below). As of right now I have two 4 projects in the content tab and each project has its own chapters. There is only one scene select on the menu and when I click on it it has all of the projects grouped together. I was wanting to pair Title 1 and Title 2 together in their own scene selection and Title 3 and Title 4 in their own scene selection. If you want me to I can post the Images of my project. What I'm specifically doing for my project I want to have two miniseries with their own seasons. and each season having its own chapter. I can post an image of what I want.
Hello, I was wondering how to make a disc where on the root menu I would have 2 scene selects for 2 different movies. So that I could click on one and go to only the chapters for one movie. And do likewise for the other movie. I have included a powerpoint in jpeg format that shows what I want the menu to look like and what I want the scene selects to look like. Help would be much appreciated.
Go to: