Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to Make 2 Scene selections on root menu
DeekLoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2020 22:42 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I was wondering how to make a disc where on the root menu I would have 2 scene selects for 2 different movies. So that I could click on one and go to only the chapters for one movie. And do likewise for the other movie. I have included a powerpoint in jpeg format that shows what I want the menu to look like and what I want the scene selects to look like. Help would be much appreciated.
[Thumb - Slide2.JPG]
 Filename
Slide2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Slide3.JPG]
 Filename
Slide3.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Slide1.JPG]
 Filename
Slide1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, I was wondering how to make a disc where on the root menu I would have 2 scene selects for 2 different movies. So that I could click on one and go to only the chapters for one movie. And do likewise for the other movie. I have included a powerpoint in jpeg format that shows what I want the menu to look like and what I want the scene selects to look like. Help would be much appreciated.

You need two "Titles" ( two movies or two pds files) for you to have the control you desire. You then point to the two "Title" locations in the "Create Disc" module under the "Content" tab. This very old thread and associated pic walks you through the behaviors for the most part: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7497.page#post_box_30591

Jeff
DeekLoo [Avatar]
[Post New]

You need two "Titles" ( two movies or two pds files) for you to have the control you desire. You then point to the two "Title" locations in the "Create Disc" module under the "Content" tab. This very old thread and associated pic walks you through the behaviors for the most part: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7497.page#post_box_30591

Jeff

I tried what the forum post showed but that didn't help my problem. My menu layout was the same as the picture from the forum post you linked (see picture below). But it still didn't give me two different scene selects on the root menu like I wanted. I will repost the image I made in powerpoint of what I want the menu to look like (see below). As of right now I have two 4 projects in the content tab and each project has its own chapters. There is only one scene select on the menu and when I click on it it has all of the projects grouped together. I was wanting to pair Title 1 and Title 2 together in their own scene selection and Title 3 and Title 4 in their own scene selection. If you want me to I can post the Images of my project. What I'm specifically doing for my project I want to have two miniseries with their own seasons. and each season having its own chapter. I can post an image of what I want.
[Thumb - menu.gif]
 Filename
menu.gif
[Disk]
 Description
picture of menu layout from forum post
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - Slide1.JPG]
 Filename
Slide1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 23. 2020 17:49

DeekLoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
[quotePostId=338164]

I tried what the forum post showed but that didn't help my problem. My menu layout was the same as the picture from the forum post you linked (see picture below). But it still didn't give me two different scene selects on the root menu like I wanted. I will repost the image I made in powerpoint of what I want the menu to look like (see below). As of right now I have two 4 projects in the content tab and each project has its own chapters. There is only one scene select on the menu and when I click on it it has all of the projects grouped together. I was wanting to pair Title 1 and Title 2 together in their own scene selection and Title 3 and Title 4 in their own scene selection. If you want me to I can post the Images of my project. What I'm specifically doing for my project I want to have two miniseries with their own seasons. and each season having its own chapter. I can post an image of what I want.[/quotePostId]

I was wanting to do something along the lines of what I have pictured below. Where you can navigate to two different Season folders from the root menu and then select an individual episode from the Season folder.

*I added the images in the wrong order. But the correct order is Slide1, Slide2, Slide3.
[Thumb - Slide2.JPG]
 Filename
Slide2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Season Select
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Slide1.JPG]
 Filename
Slide1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Root menu
 Filesize
121 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - Slide3.JPG]
 Filename
Slide3.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Episode Select
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 23. 2020 18:12

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You have to work within the construct that is there, it’s not a universal adaptable menu system. From what you describe it appears you have one more layer. You can only have “Titles" (WWI and WWII) and each “Title” can only have chapters. So, one can’t go from WWI (Title) menu to a Season select menu, and then an Episode select menu, that’s 3 layers. Each pds project (Title) can only have chapters and these chapters can be selected, but will play through to the end of the given (Title). There is nothing in the menu system to play one selected chapter and return to the parent title menu.

Maybe one option, don’t have a Root Menu. Your first menu would show 4 titles: WWI Season 1, WWII Season 2, WWII Season 1 and WWII Season 2. Each of those titles could have X chapters for each episode, but, keep in mind, these chapters when selected play until the end of that title. So if you selected episode 1 (chapter1) would play then episode 2, then 3,…so on if the episodes are chapters.

The menu system is what it is and it's really not evolved much in 11+ releases. You simply have to mold what you'd like to fit or use a more universal menu system outside of PD.

Jeff