Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Yes, that's it, along with your product key. Since on disc it's more than likely the initial release. Visit https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download to get the most recent update for your products.

Jeff

Thank you, that helps a lot.
Hi, my computers is starting to slow down and parts keep breaking, so I was planning on getting a new one. I have Powerdirector and Photodirector Ultra on disc. Is there anything special I have to do so that I can activate the software on my new computer? Or, can I just put the discs in my new computer and install and use the programs?

Thank you
Quote No real changes there, you can however in both PD18 and PD19 type a number of dB level, basically.
1) F9 to enter Audio Mixing Room
2) Type say 8 in the dB box and enter
3) Use the end key to go to end of clip (or use the keyframe control beside the dB entry, PD19 only)
4) Type 8 again in the dB box and enter
5) entire clip boosted 8dB

Attached pic shows the level meters having a new dB look, just cosmetic, guts appear the same. Basically, finally updating the old linear amplitude bars to dB, something they partially rolled out yrs ago but never very refined or thought out. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30556.page#post_box_167687

In fact, with the new dB scale they didn't even take the opportunity to fix this old linear mapping issue where some dB values are not permissible entries as they don't map to the old linear % scale, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77981.page#post_box_319527

Jeff

Thank you, that answered my question.
Hi, I just found out Powerdirector 19 is out. I was wondering wha tthe differences are between PD 18 and 19. I was considering getting it if the audio got upgraded. Right now I have a lot of troubl ewith audio amplification. The audio is either not loud enough or not quiet enough. My problem with the PD 18 interface is that you have to select the line that goes lenghtwise down the audio track on the timeline and move it up or down. It is very tricky to get my qudio correct in PD 18. I resorted to using audacity to amplify my volume and then import and replace my audio track in my powerdirector project. As PD 18's audio interface is so unintuitive that it takes less time to import into audacity, modify the audio, export into powerdirector, and replace my video audio, than it takes to try and monkey around with PD's interface.
Any details on the audio features of the new PD 19 would be appreciated.

Thank you

*I included attachment sof what the current audio interface looks like.
Quote [quotePostId = 341373] Olá, estou com problemas para editar o volume dos meus vídeos. Vou para a sala de áudio e ajusto o db ou o ganho, e isso muda apenas o áudio onde está o playhead. Não consigo descobrir como ajustar o volume do meu clipe inteiro. Eu incluí uma foto do meu problema abaixo. [/ QuotePostId]

Adjust the volume of the entire clip
In the timeline, select the audio, hold and drag the audio line.

Thanks, you saved me quite the headache.
Hello, I am having trouble editing the volume of my videos. I go to the audio room and adjust the db or the gain and it only changes the audio where the playhead is. I can't figure out how to adjust the volume for my entire clip. I included a picture of my problem below.
Quote Try this: Remove the music clip and place it on the Music track instead from the library. While the music clip is highlighted hit the home key on the keyboard to place the scrubber at the beginning of the music clip. Open the Audio mixing room and adjust the volume up or down. This will be the volume for the whole clip from beginning to end unlike what you get on track 2 in your screenshot.

Ok, so I tried what you said and it worked, but I was wondering what is the home key that you were talking about? It sounds a lot easier than what I had to do where I had to perfectly line up the playhead with my mouse.

Also, I was wondering how to adjust the volume of all the clips on my music track? When I adjusted it, it only editied the first clip. I was wondering if there was a way to merge and edit all the music's volume at once?
You can put audio in any audio track, or you can use the music track or the voice over track. The Voice track is where you can record your own voice using a Microphone connected to your computer.

You can adjust your audio levels in Audio Mixing Room (F9).

Ok, I understand about puting the audio in any track. I just have a question regarding how to adjust the audio in the mixing room. When I try to adjust the db slider, it only changes the audio where the playhead is. I tried to adjust the audio using the gain slider but that didn't get it quite enough. How can I use the db slider on an entire track? I just want the music as background noise with my main audio track being the louder of the two.
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to add your own music as background music. I was trying to make a youtube video so I went to the youtube studio audio library downloaded a royalty free song. But when I went to powerdirector, I couldn't figure out how to add the song in.
I was also wondering how to change the audio volume. if I try to use the db slider in the audio tab it only changes the volume at the spot where the play indicator is.
Help would be appreciated.

Here is the pic from days back when I posted 15h30min could be put on a 25GB BD, no estimate, it was done, playable on all 3 standalone players that I have. Probably tweak a little to change by a few minutes but you won't fit 18+hrs on a 25GB as was desired with PD18 alone.

Jeff

Yeah I couldn't figure out how to get the file size down. There are blu ray compressers but they get rid of menus (so they are kind of pointless for my purposes). I tried one that compresses and keeps the menu called Bd Rebuilder but it just errored out saying "remuxing failed aborting." However if anyone were to try using that program I would reccomend using it in a virtual machine like I did because it changes system audio settings.

In case anyone wants to try Bd Rebuilter the download of BD rebuiler is available at jdobbs.net (the developer website) it is safe. I scanned it with malwarebytes,kaspersky, Superantispyware, trend Micro, and emisisoft.
Quote DeekLoo - This is great. Glad that you were able to create that Blue Ray folder. Please let us know if you were able to put all 18+ hours or just 15+ hours on that Blu-Ray folder and which disk size you had to select to be able to create it like the 50, 100, or 128 GB. This answer will help other forum users in the future. Thank you.

I was able to fit all 18+ hours on the blu ray folder. I had to select the 100gb disk size. If I tried to select the 50GB disk size it failed.
It allowed me to render the Blu Ray folder and it works. Thank you for all of the help.
Ok, thank you. I will finish my project and see what comes of it. Is it okay if I get back in like a day or two? It will take a while to render and create my final project.

Thanks again for all of the help.
Ok, so I tried again and created the image with DTS audio instead of LCPM (I guess that answers one of my questions) and it worked! The output file was 9.68GB. I will now try rendering all three parts of my project and combining the titles into one project so that I can have all of the video on a 50GB disc. I will post if it works or not I think I might end up with just a few more questions.

I have 2 other question.s
1. Has anyone heard of a program called BD rebuilder? I saw some information about it. It's supposed to be a tool that can cut a 50GB blu ray down to 25GB. I didn't know if anyone thought if it would work to cut down my blu ray even more?

2. Can I use any of the quick rendering or burning options? Pictures below

If no one knows that's fine. I'm extremly happy that it seems like this is going to work.
Thanks for all of the help.
This is another picture
Ok, I see now. I did the render as a blu ray folder. (Sorry I didn't see earlier that you said to do that). I chose a section of my project that was about 4 hours. I then created the disk and it said the disk image was going to be about 10GB. (The original files were 6.2GB but I now understand the slight increase.) I then rendered the image as a blu ray folder and also as a disc image. This is where the problem arises. The output in the blu ray folder was about 31GB and it had become a 14mbps bitrate. I will post pictures bellow.

Also, two other questions:
1. Can I use fast rendering for this
2.should I use LCPM audio or DTS
Quote Thank You for supplying the five screenshots. The five attached images are as expected. 527 MB/479 MB = 1.1 X, a 10 % increase in file size. You are changing the video file from one format to another so this is very good. 2.37 GB Iso size is as expected.

The earlier 3Mbps BD create screenshot shows the created folder with the overhead files required in a Blu-ray. You can then see what is involved, being able to investigate and check all supporting file sizes in the folder. You were expected to do the same instead of creating the Iso which needs to be burned to a BD Disc first before you can investigate the overhead files and folders and their sizes..

The audio bitrate in the created BD will be about 1500 Kbps as opposed to the 192 Kbps in your original mp4 files and the produced m2ts files.

The single 50 GB blank BD should be sufficient to hold this 18+ hour BD or say 15.5 hours on a blank 25 GB disc as estimated by Jeff.

Warry’s suggestion of just placing all of the original mp4 on a blank BD as storage is an option too if one does not want a correctly authored BD for a standalone player.

Jeff posted a link where he created a pdf file on a low bit rate disc. Reading and following the links in that post show that this was discussed much earlier in 2010 for maybe PD8. It worked well back then too. You have confirmation now from more than one person that the low bit rate BD can be created now and 10 years ago. Say maybe 1500 Kbs for the video instead of 3000 Kbps for the video can get that file size even smaller. I never tried anything lower than half the normal bitrate in the past. You see that produced 8 Mbps and that 3 Mbps file thumbnails in my posted screenshot. Now you know that you can go even lower in video bitrate if you want. Good Luck...
This folder or disc need to be created with the hardware encoding unchecked in the Final burn window for this smart rendering to work and be successful...

My problem is that it still won't work for disc creation. i will post some screen shots from the create disc tab. If I produce a 22 minute video with a 3000mbps bitrate the output is about 500mb, but when I go to create disc and look at how much space it says the video will take up it is about 3 gb. at that rate, I could only hold about 8.5 hours on a 25gb disc. Is there something I'm missing? Because I followed all of the steps and from what I understand shouldn't it be smaller?
this is the disc image file size

in the second attachment the image on the left is the original file size and the image on the right is the produced file size
Quote Good News for those who want to create an 18+ hour Blu-ray Disc with PowerDirector. Just finish testing a 720p60 (3 Mbps) encoded BD-RE on my standalone Sony player. It works perfectly and the quality is as good as the original.

Here are the steps I took to accomplish this:
1. In Produce, choose the M2TS 1280 x 720/60p default profile. Create a custom profile and change the video bit rate to 3000 Kbps and save it with a descriptive name.

2. Place any desired mp4 files on the Timeline and Produce those Video files that will be used as a title in the coming Blu-ray disc with the custom profile created in step 1.

3. Removed the video files from the timeline.

4. Place the produced 3000 Kbps video file produced in step 2 on the timeline. Add desired chapters.

5. Go to Create Disc. Choose your menu. Choose h.264 HD 1280 x 720/60p (17 Mbps). Preview the disc and chapters. Burn to a folder. It took me 1 min 24 sec. To burn a 7 minute BD content to a folder. Works perfect in PowerDVD. Burn to a BD-RE with Imgburn. It works perfectly in a Sony standalone BD player.

See the attached screenshots with the documentation of the work done above.

I tried it with a smaller 20 minute file. I put it in the produce tab and I was wondering what file type you used, I tried H.264. I then produced it with the custom profile pictured below. I then replaced the video in the timeline and tried to create a disc image. I told it to create disc with h.264 1280 x720 60p 17MPBS. When it finished it was still larger than the original. What have I done wrong? I posted some pictures below.
Quote Sorry to chime in this late (although 2 days …..). I browsed through the conversations, but I do see what precisely it is you want to achieve. It is your aim to get this 18 hour video on just one disk.
Or do you want the disk to be Blu-ray compatible so that it can be played on a standard BR player? If you aim to do that and try to make the 18 hours fit on one disk, even if PD could cope with that, you might expect the video quality to be very, very low.
In the first case, it may be a matter of just copying your files to a BR disk, using ordinary burn software. You don’t need PD for that.
In the latter case I would simply cut (or produce) the video into smaller chunks that fit on disk and allow for a bio-break when the disks are changed? You may even increase the quality of your video a bit.

So, with what you are saying, would it actually upscale my video quality? Because the original video is a lower bitrate than what the lowest bitrate is in powerdirector. Also, what do you mean by bio break?
Go to: