Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Narration
ppearce43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2013 23:57 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Newbie here, have not yet purchased, but am looking at PowerDirector Ultimate Suite.
I am in charge of designing a DVD to give to first time visitors to our church. I need software that will allow me to play an intro video clip, then switch to a "Menu" page with 10-15 different menu options.
Most importantly, I also need to be able to have a video of a person talking about, say, Evening Bible Study, and then switch to a video of an evening bible study in session, but without the bible study audio...in other words, to continue with the audio from the original speaker, while showing video from a bible study class. (similar segments will be necessary for Choir, Church Missions, Sunday School, Community Outreach, etc.)
My question is, can the PD Ultimate Suite do this?
Thank you!

Phil
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Phil -

As far as I understand your requirements, PD11 can do that. For that particular purpose, you don't necessarily need Ultimate Suite, but it would certainly enhance your arsenal of tools.

The intro video (before the menu opens) is called (in PD) a first play video. There are different options for how the DVD works (playback mode). The third one would possibly best suit your needs.

It's an easy process to replace the audio track of the bible study sessions with a voice-over.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Playback Modes.png]
 Filename
Playback Modes.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
122 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
227 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2013 17:44

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ppearce43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2013 23:57 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you so much for your reply.
Phil