Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Everyone

Is it me, or is it more difficult to use the transitions in PD10 than in PD8? Is there any way to stop my transitions finishing with a black screen instead of being transparent? Most seem to do it and it spoils the effect of the transition.

It may be me, but I cant find a way to change it. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Robert
@ Carl

I think I have solved this by turning the volume on the main track down. It seems to have cured the problem for me.

Many thanks to you and the others for your help

Robert
Tony, my fingers are crossed

Robert
As promised, here are the results of my small test.

The film was three minutes long and had 10 transitions, music and tiles. All the results are for rendering h264 AVC.

Test 1, 1920 x 1080 50i SVRT on = 401 MB
Test 2, 1920 x 1080 50i (24 mbps) = 513 MB
Test 3, 1920 x 1080 50i SVRT 0ff = 408 MB
Test 4, 1920 x 1080 50i with allow SVRT IDR h.264 in preferences enabled. = 395 MB

All the films worked very well and there was no noticable difference in quality.

As a matter of interest, when would one use the 24 mbps selection as I dont know the difference. I would be grateful if somebody could take the time to explain.

Thanks

Robert
Hi Patrick

Thanks very much for the suggestions and the information. I will start experimenting with the settings straight away. I'll post again when I have some more to tell.

Regards

Robert
Tony, thanks

I'll re-render a test piece and see if there is a difference.

Robert
Hi Tony

There doesn't seem to be a consistancy to particular transitions and this gave me a clue. Perhaps with your knowledge you will be able to guide me in the right direction.

I'm outputting to H.264 AVC 1920 x 1080i 50. I need this format to be able to transfer the films wirelessly as .m2ts via special software to my Humax Foxsat PVR for TV Viewing and storage.

Now, to my knowledge, the Panny TM10 operates at 25fps so the above output is not quite right, in PD8 I was able to render at 25fps so I didn't have a problem.

Is there a way to render in full HD at 25fps?

Thanks

Robert
Thank, both

I'm running Windows 7 with an i7 2600 processor, the graphics card is a Radeon HD 6670.

@ Bubba. The problem is in the final output

Thanks again
Can anybody tell me if there is any way to ensure that transitions run smoothly into the next clip. At the moment when the transitions finish the next clip seems to stand still for a split second. It is only a split second, but it spoils the effect. Is this normal or can it be improved?

Many thanks for your help
Hi All

Since upgrading from PD8 to PD10, I have noticed that there is a loud noise at all scene changes (not trasitions) after the film has been rendered. I am using a Panny TM10. The film was rendered as AVCHD 1920x1080/50i. I need this particular format to be able to transfer my films to view on my Humax PVR as .m2ts files.

Does anybody have any idea why scene changes should be noisy and is there anything I can do to stop it happening?

Any help is gratefully received

Thanks
Go to: