Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Noise during scene changes
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2012 10:36 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

Since upgrading from PD8 to PD10, I have noticed that there is a loud noise at all scene changes (not trasitions) after the film has been rendered. I am using a Panny TM10. The film was rendered as AVCHD 1920x1080/50i. I need this particular format to be able to transfer my films to view on my Humax PVR as .m2ts files.

Does anybody have any idea why scene changes should be noisy and is there anything I can do to stop it happening?

Any help is gratefully received

Thanks
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi All

Since upgrading from PD8 to PD10, I have noticed that there is a loud noise at all scene changes (not trasitions) after the film has been rendered. I am using a Panny TM10. The film was rendered as AVCHD 1920x1080/50i. I need this particular format to be able to transfer my films to view on my Humax PVR as .m2ts files.

Does anybody have any idea why scene changes should be noisy and is there anything I can do to stop it happening?

Any help is gratefully received

Thanks

Can you give us more information?

Part A and Part B. Maybe a 5 to 10 second sample that shows your problem.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
I doubt if you will get much of the noise out... but...

I would use Format Factory to separate the audio from the video, as in just saving the audio, then use Audacity to try to filter out the noise. Both are free. i have been using Format Factory since it hit the street. But I use Sound Edit Pro for all my audio stuff (no longer available)....
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I doubt if you will get much of the noise out... but...

Please forgive me for asking, but on what do you base this assumption? I realize you wish to help, and that is a good thing, but more facts are warranted before such a statement and then giving directions to fix it.
Carl's post should be answered with the appropriate info first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2012 11:13

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2012 10:36 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
@ Carl

I think I have solved this by turning the volume on the main track down. It seems to have cured the problem for me.

Many thanks to you and the others for your help

Robert
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: @ Carl

I think I have solved this by turning the volume on the main track down. It seems to have cured the problem for me.

Many thanks to you and the others for your help

Robert

I am glad that you found a solution.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.