Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've got 2 GTX560's in SLI. But PD11 doesn't have use of CUDA cores in Hardware Acceleration like it use to in PD9.

I tried changing the GpuUtility.dll file in PD11 with the one frpm PD9 per thread on this forum for PD10. I get the CUA option now, but it can't be enabled; ie you can't tick it.

Am I doing something wrong?
NVidia driver 320.18 doesn't work either. Going back to 301.42 to get PD9 to work means other software won't run as well. The drivers were updated to improve how the graphics cards work. It takes about a half hour to swap over video card drivers, so its impractical.
Cyberlink apparently made patches for PD 11 and PD 10, but won't do the same for PD 9 or earlier. They have suggested that it is up to NVidia to revise their drivers.

The lack of support from Cyberlink is appalling. Beware if you have just paid for PD11. When PD12 is released PD11 will no longer be supported. And Cyberlink won't tell you either.
Same in Australia - the warranty on a product is actually what is reasonable, rather than what is dictated by the provider.

As stated in this thread, Microsoft support their Operating System software for 5 or more years. But what Cyberlink is telling us is that they don't feel any obligation to support their product past when its superseded.

The US have similar consumer protection laws to those in the UK and Australia. In the US, Cyberlink's postion won't stand up in court. But you have to take them to court to find out for sure.

Now Cyberlink's position also makes you wonder whether you should ever buy their product. You won't know when a new version is due for release. But you know they then won't support what you just bought.
I haven't tried 314.22. I did try 314.07 without success. Let me know how 314.22 goes.

I also contacted nVidia - they said Cyberlink needs to fix PowerDirector.
Yep - I think most people agree that PowerDirector is a beaut package - when it works properly.

But nowhere does Cyberlink point out that they'll only support it for 2 years. Most people assume a much longer support time as is normal ie 5 years or more.

It is only after you have bought PowerDirector and are seeking support, that you can find that there is no longer support for it. Now what a lot of readers of this thread are wondering is if they buy PD11 will there also shortly come a time where Cyberlink will no longer support the product. Cyberlink, eg Carl and others, has had plenty of time to respond on behalf of Cyberlink as to exactly what the "warranty" or support time frame is but so far they are keeping quiet. I know I'm hesitant in upgrading til I get something definite from Cyberlink. I think other readers would be hesitant too.

Higher quality products usually have longer warranty periods. If Cyberlink want people to have the impression that PowerDirector is a high quality package, then they need to advertise a long warranty and support time frame.
So nothing new from Cyberlink - won't fix their software so it works properly, asking you to degrade your PC performance so their software works, won't provide any help.
Well, seeing how Cyberlink won't support PD9 any further - rendering it only partially useable - I think they have to come to the party and offer free upgrades to PD11.
If you look at earlier entries, that appears to be what the Cyberlink position is - no support for PD9 any longer (even though I bought it only 2 years ago). But you can upgrade to PD11 for about $80US - about the same as I paid for PD9 anyway. And there's no guarantee that there'll be future support for whatever you upgrade to!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe now I should be looking down the track to find a replacement for PowerDirector.

Any ideas?

Maybe VideoPad.
Chesney - maybe you have more dollars than sense.

Buggered if I can afford 2 computers. And I want to do more than just video editing on this one.

I'm glad that in Australia we have consumer protection laws. Else we'd have companies selling with marketing hype and no substance. I think you'll find that there actually is similar laws in the US. And you'd find court cases every day.

There was a time when US companies believed more in service than making a quick buck. There was pride in product. People were happy to work for these companies. Now everything is outsourced. Maybe Cyberlink gets PowerDirector made in Mexico. Maybe it's too hard to follow up on problems because of communication difficulties with the designers. It's all too hard to provide the service and product back-up that they used to provide.

I'm not disputing that the software was great before the clash with the NVidia driver updates. I did my homework before buying it. But I should've checked the back-up side more carefully.
It's a bit like buying a Rolls Royce made in China and paying Chev prices I suppose. Maybe I've just bought Chinese (or Mexican) crap rather than something with real after sales service. I feel ripped off.

I like the forum - so I'll stay.

It's Cyberlink that I've got problems with. And their lackies.
I'm glad to see a few people with the same problem I have - failing to understand Cyberlink's attitude. Good corporate citizen? Having regard for customers? Good business sense?

I gather Carl is a Cyberlink employee. And I gather he's being told what to say rather than being able to express his own opinion. It's hard to understand how a person can have such a position of their own free will. And it's hard to understand how a person would let themselves be used by a company like that. I suppose the pay is really good.

Cyberlink represents the worst of corporate behaviour. I think a lawyer could get some good publicity out of this by representing the consumers in this case. Any interested lawyers out there?
It's not $60, its $75AUD (~$80US).

I can't afford to pay $30-40 US per year on top of the $100 initial outlay. I've got no worries if you (Chesney) or Cyberlink want to pay it for me. Any takers? Or is it too much to pay now?

Besides, I think there's a principle that the seller is responsible for providing a product that is "fit for purpose". In Australia it's law. Apparently not in the US (sucks to be in the US).
OK PD9 is two years old and no longer supported.

That's far less than I think is acceptable.
The link says it's $75 AUD (not $68US)

But Cyberlink still isn't fixing the problem with PD9.

So if I get PD11 then I gather Cyberlink won't support that when they release PD12 in the next few months. And then I'll be back where I started and $75 out of pocket. But Cyberlink will be $75 better off.

Doesn't sound like a real good deal. Just makes me pissed off thinking about it.
Not me - PD9 still renders its head off with 310.7 version drivers. 20 minutes to load new drivers and 20 minutes to reinstall old 301.42 drivers again.

Come on Cyberlink - get your bloody act together!
In my case its the vVidia driver for my GTX560. Old version V301.42 works OK, but is crap for gaming. New v306.23 or Beta 310 is great for gaming but you get constant rendering problem with PD9.

Cyberlink doesn't support old product. But they did come up with a patch for PD11. nVidia are still looking at it.

Anyone with PD11 will be in deep shit when PD12 comes out - no support.
It doesn't look like they will. Only PD11.

See my thread. I've got a GTX560 with same rendering problems. I have to keep going back to 301.42 drivers to get PD9 to work.

The 306 and soon 310 drivers apparently are much better for games.

So if you got PD11, watch out for PD12 - cause you no longer get any support for PD11.

The rich get richer.
I don't know what GNU is or the Gimp is.

Is this leading to someway of being able to fix the problem with PowerDirector 9?

If Cyberlink aren't going to fix it, will they refund my outlay. After all I paid for a working program. I'd expect to get at least 10 years use from it. It's not cheap. MS provide support for the operating systems for much longer without any additional outlay. And they don't charge like Cyberlink does for their product.

I didn't pay to rent PD9 for a couple of years.

Cyberlink is just ripping me off. And everyone else who has an older version of PD. If I buy PD11 and next week you bring out PD12 then I'm f**ed again.
In Australia, product has to be supported for 10 years after its demise.

I drive a 1993 4wd. I can still get new bits for its from Mazda. Most parts are common with newer models. I don'y have to buy a new car as a fix with my present car.

Perhaps PD11 has common parts with PD9. Perhaps the PD11 patch would only have to be modified to work with PD9. Most of the effort to produce a patch is figuring out the exact problem. I would suspect the problem with PD11 is similar to that with PD9.
Go to: