Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
That may have helped. Still not right, but if I reboot and then open the program it seems to work. If you discover anything else, I'm up for it.

You guys do a great job of trying to help. Makes me want to use the program even more. Am doing corporate video as well as some church projects, so I'll get a lot of practice over the next 60 days or so.

Thanks for the help!
Forgot to answer first question. Saitek is a flight yoke I use when flying Flight Simulator. I use the program to stay fresh for my instrument rating.

I Rebooted and the program still would not start. Interestingly, PDR10 is running as a service but does not show up in the applications (using task manager). An error comes up from Windows telling me the program won't run and gives me the reason below.

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: PDR10.exe
Application Version: 10.0.0.1703
Application Timestamp: 4fa252ca
Hang Signature: e6c4
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: e6c430ef4bb6bb35b1c55acb5ffa3ede
Additional Hang Signature 2: e33e
Additional Hang Signature 3: e33ec1839d3ad9b206bba639c5d28483
Additional Hang Signature 4: e6c4
Additional Hang Signature 5: e6c430ef4bb6bb35b1c55acb5ffa3ede
Additional Hang Signature 6: e33e
Additional Hang Signature 7: e33ec1839d3ad9b206bba639c5d28483
Finally got the 64 bit version. See attached.
I think I got the dxdiag file attached to this message. Let me know if not.
Carl,

Now this is weird! I clicked on PD 10 to get the error message, and it instead opened the program! I manipulated a few video clips to be sure it was working OK, and it seemed to be fine. I then closed the program and tried to open it again, only to get the same "PD 10 Stopped Working" message!
I am attaching the Dxdiag.txt file in the hopes that it might shed some light on this perplexing problem.
Below is the Crash Report:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
-<CrashInformation VERSION="1.0"><ID Value="FF81ADA6-4754-453E-9488-2CF05A0B8B8E"/><UUID Value="S-1-5-21-3142356685-3348057460-2740846192-1001"/><SR Value="VDE120306-01"/><ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/><AppName Value="PDR10.exe"/><AppVersion Value="10.0.0.1703"/><VersionName Value="10.0"/><VersionType Value="Ultra"/><Is64BitOS Value="1"/><OSName Value="Windows 7 Professional Build 7601 Service Pack 1"/><GDICount Value="987"/><VMSize Value="502 MB"/><VGAName Value="ATI Radeon HD 5570" DriverVersion="8.982.0.0"/><VGAName Value="LogMeIn Mirror Driver" DriverVersion="7.1.542.0"/><ModName Value="Unknown"/><ModVersion Value="0.0.0.0"/><ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/><Offset Value="0x00000000024F9010"/><SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/></CrashInformation>
Thanks Carl. I have 8Gig RAM memory and over one Terrabyte free on the drive. Running Radeon 5570 ATI card with 1Meg cache (probably could do better there) so I should meet minimums. I'm betting it's something like a setting that is off somewhere. I just wish Cyberlink would get back to me. Are they normally this slow?
Maybe I should subscribe to their phone support?

Well, I downloaded Quicktime from Apple, and my video driver from the Radeon AMD site. No joy. Same error. Still have not gotten a response from Cyberlink. I am runniong everything from InDesign to Corel FX-5 to HitFilm, with no difficulty.
Carl,

That's just it...All the message says is PDR 10 has stopped working. It does allow you to check on another window where the files named MiniDump and CrashRpt can be sent to CyberLink. I have done that several times. Incidentally, still no response from the company.
Thanks Carl, but still no joy. I've had the program for a week now and still cannot get it to run. So far, technical support has sent me lame emails asking me to uninstall and reinstall, etc. which I tried long ago. Something keeps popping up the same window, and I have even sent the files to Cyberlink, but so far have not gotten a response. Here's the last email I sent on a support ticket last Friday:
1. I uninstalled PDR10 using the control Panel
2. Going into the Registry at both locations, I failed to the folders you mentioned, which makes sense, because I just uninstalled the program, so it would have removed the folders.
3. There was no PowerDirector folder, for the same reason as above.
4. I rebooted the PC
5. I reinstalled PowerDirector, and it acknowledged the serial number I gave it.
6. Then the exact same error message popped up “PDR10 has stopped working
7. I sent the error report.
I am having the exact same problem. I installed PD10 and it actually came up one time. I closed it after browsing in it, and that was the last time it worked. Support sends me things like directions on uninstalling and reinstalling, but anyone with a little sense knows that's the first thing you try, and I did. So far it's been several days and the program is still not running.

I am running Windows 7 - 64bit with 8 gigabytes of Ram and over a terabyte of disk space. Other programs like Corel FX5 run fine. If someone comes up with a suggestion, I am certainly willing to try.
Go to: