Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR10 Stopped Working
KenB1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2012 20:12 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Finally got the 64 bit version. See attached.
 Filename
kenbooster64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64 bit diagnostic for ken booster
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
302 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What is Saitek Magic Hotkey Device?

Is that a fingerprint reader?

Now this is weird! I clicked on PD 10 to get the error message, and it instead opened the program! I manipulated a few video clips to be sure it was working OK, and it seemed to be fine. I then closed the program and tried to open it again, only to get the same "PD 10 Stopped Working" message

Are you completely closing Powerdirector?

Powerdirector has some processes that continue to run if not closed properly. A re-boot of the computer will close those processes.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I Rebooted and the program still would not start. Interestingly, PDR10 is running as a service but does not show up in the applications (using task manager). An error comes up from Windows telling me the program won't run and gives me the reason below.

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: PDR10.exe
Application Version: 10.0.0.1703
Application Timestamp: 4fa252ca
Hang Signature: e6c4
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: e6c430ef4bb6bb35b1c55acb5ffa3ede
Additional Hang Signature 2: e33e
Additional Hang Signature 3: e33ec1839d3ad9b206bba639c5d28483
Additional Hang Signature 4: e6c4
Additional Hang Signature 5: e6c430ef4bb6bb35b1c55acb5ffa3ede
Additional Hang Signature 6: e33e
Additional Hang Signature 7: e33ec1839d3ad9b206bba639c5d28483
KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Forgot to answer first question. Saitek is a flight yoke I use when flying Flight Simulator. I use the program to stay fresh for my instrument rating.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Forgot to answer first question. Saitek is a flight yoke I use when flying Flight Simulator. I use the program to stay fresh for my instrument rating.

Ok, Thank you for the answer, I had not seen that in a Dxdiag.txt file before.

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
That seems to say something is causing Powerdirector to Hang.

Have you tried the Sample files?

The sample files are a good way of testing the program and all of its functions. If you can not do anything with the Sample files, something is seriously wrong with Powerdirector install or something on your computer is causing Powerdirector to shut down suddenly.

What about your virus scanning software? It can cause Powerdirector to shut down.
Some brands of malware security software can exclude a process, if so put in PDR10.exe as an exception.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2012 18:48

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That may have helped. Still not right, but if I reboot and then open the program it seems to work. If you discover anything else, I'm up for it.

You guys do a great job of trying to help. Makes me want to use the program even more. Am doing corporate video as well as some church projects, so I'll get a lot of practice over the next 60 days or so.

Thanks for the help!
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: That may have helped. Still not right, but if I reboot and then open the program it seems to work. If you discover anything else, I'm up for it.

You guys do a great job of trying to help. Makes me want to use the program even more. Am doing corporate video as well as some church projects, so I'll get a lot of practice over the next 60 days or so.

Thanks for the help!

The only other thing I have found in using the program, is to only have Powerdirector video editor on the computer.

That eliminates any conflict with other editors.
A clean system helps also.

My security software is Microsoft Security Essentials. (You can not beat the price...Free)
It does a good job without being in your face all the time.

thomas1952 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2012 11:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
In an earlier reply your suggested eliminating third party codecs. What are third party codecs and where would I find them?
thomas1952 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2012 11:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Also would deleteing the registry keys that reference CYBERLINK help?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Also would deleteing the registry keys that reference CYBERLINK help?

Yes with a big but! You can carefully search for an delete the registry items BUT you will have a significant chance of making your computer a big door stop if you accidentally delete the wrong items.

The Cyberlink removal tool should do all of that. If you still think there are problems, then download and run the free trail of Revo Uninstaller PRO and use that. Use the Moderate Mode only for safety. It is supposed to uninstall incompletely installed or uninstalled programs. I use the free standard version in the moderate mode all the time and have never had a problem caused by it.

And as to third party codecs, you may have installed them from a codec package. Do you remember doing that? Use Revo to see if there is anything listed there that would remind you.

Now would be a good time to remove all those trial pieces of software and those that you no longer use.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2012 06:56

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Thomas -

1. I agree that it would be best, at this stage, to completely remove all versions of PD - using Revo Uninstall or a similar tool. Get back to a clean PD slate & you're more likely to isolate the cause. When PD is having issues like this, complete uninstallation (including registry entries) is the best way to proceed.

2. I seriously doubt that the installation of any codecs would have ANY impact on PD starting up... or "stopping working". To find out what codecs you have installed, you can use tools like Codec Tweak Tool or Installed Codec, both free. Third party codecs refer to ones not installed with PD or Windows. Some, like K-Lite packs, will be listed in Control Panel > Programs. Others are installed with different pieces of software, like VLC player, & they won't appear in programs lists (or even Revo).

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/codec_tweak_tool.htm
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/installed_codec.html

3. Isolating the cause is difficult. With a previous version of PD (7 I think), my PD just wouldn't get started. It turned out to be Nvidia NView running in the background that was interfering with PD. There are many possibilities.

4. Even though you're experiencing similar symptoms to KenB, the cause may be completely different.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!