Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Doubt that it's the disc in my case. Seems to be playing just fine in ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5.0 so far.

I.e. *Exactly* the same problems as w/ John Carter ... which may be fixed in the next patch. Though what's the deal w/ 3-4 months between pushing patches? WAY too long when hardware boxes get firmware upates usually less than a week if some new disc causes trouble.
I wish that trick worked for me. Even in 2-D mode, once I choose 'English', I see the Paramount logo, then all I get is a few seconds of sound, and a black screen.

Too bad the EULA probably makes it impossible to get a refund (i.e. "if it's busted, too bad" language). The longer I've had this product, the less pleased I am. Since I'm pretty cheap, buying TMT is a tough pill to swallow, but sure seems to be the only "legal" answer. It seems to have better Windows Media Center integration and remote support, too. Curse me for using the software bundled w/ my drive!
Same problems as with John Carter 3D -- which have been known for three months. This is getting pathetic -- not like you'd expect the Avengers 3D disc to be very popular...

Busted in Germany, too... See also:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/24627.page
Ha ha... Well, exact same problem w/ Avengers 3D, too. It's always 'in the next patch' isn't it?
Hier in den USA gibt es das selbe Problem -- auch bei John Carter 3D und Avengers 3D.
No tricks working here. The Sept. 10 update does NOT fix the issue. This is ridiculous.
To this point, my efforts via the support channel have been infuriating. Over the course of the past few weeks, absolutely nothing useful has come via that channel.

FWIW, I downloaded a competing product (TMT5) to try a trial version. It plays perfectly. I've dumped money into PowerDVD twice now (9->11 and then the 11->12 upgrade to get the 3d upconversion) and am beginning to feel quite bitter about this experience.

Have any long-term users noticed a pattern to the update / patch schedule? This disc has been out 6 weeks. That's an awfully long time to wait to watch a movie after buying it. Especially for my kids and the neighbors. Ever had to deal with a bunch of 7-12 year olds eager to do something? <shudder>
FWIW, here is more info on the system... I tried to send via a support ticket, but keep getting "Please only enter plain text" error. Not sure if it's linebreaks or colons or what that are the problem there.

CPU: Intel i5 2405S processor
Video: Integrated Intel HD3000 graphics on the CPU.
Blu-Ray: Samsung SH-BL123L
Motherboard: Intel DH67GDB3 LGA 1155
Audio: Integrated on Motherboard
PowerDVD: Version 12

The drivers for the system are up-to-date (as far as I can tell). I'm running the most current PowerDVD 12 and have the latest firmware for the Blu-Ray drive.
I guess that's "good" news.... Of course now the pestering for e.t.a. for fix must begin.
Sadly, that did not work for me. Never could get the movie to be visible. It seems to think it's playing, but screen is black and no sound. Happens in cinema or classic mode. Once got as far as the menu to choose 'Play' but only part of that showed up.

In my case, the system is running using Intel's integrated graphics (HD3000) on an i5.
Exactly the same problem here. Have the latest firmware for blu ray player, latest PowerDVD 12, et. Al. 2d plays fine for me, too.
Go to: