Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Flohoeh
I downloaded your raw image and imported into PD8.
And what I got was even worse than yours.
Colors are faded, corners missing, and the image is obvisously fish eye distorted.
The funny thing is, that I see more of the original image than I see in your jpg uploads. AND if I see the raw image in my usual image browser (Faststone Image Viewer for Windows v.6.7) it is cropped compared to the PD8 import.
All very strange.
I include an export (of the raw image) from PD8 and one from Faststone.
FYI my PD 8 displays the this .RW2 correctly.
Flohoeh could you submit the original RW2 file here please?
Quote I am experiencing the same issue with Photodirector 10 and Windows 10. Camera is Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000.
Is there any patch available to resolve that issue?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Cyberlink is now in the business of renting, not solving problems.
Personally I will use my (bought) cyberlink programs until they are (completely) obsolete, and then find something else. That works.

Hi PIX,

I was so hoping that this was the fix cause indeed my photos do look like the 14-bit all washed out. But I have taken photos with both 12 and 14 bit and they have the same washed out look. Interesting this only started in June of this year. No problems what-so-ever before that. I have an instruction sheet of what all to do for support, most of which I understand, but I will have to open a cloud storage account to send it to them. They will not accept an email. (What's with that?)

Thanks,
Janet

Please forgive me if my remarks here are banal. But... Did you look at Nvidia colour settings? You might try to swap between Nvidia setting and program settings. You find this setting in Nvidia controll panel => Adjust desktop color settings.

...it froze my Win10 Pro OS so I had to back out and return to PhD8. Now this(;

Urgh! Yeah, things like these (sloppy software) are so annoying. So I can see, you are caught between a rock and a hard place.
Quote I am having the same issues...

Janet

Well, it seems that you - as the rest of us - are caught in the software mill. I am sure, you will hear, that Ph.d. 9 will solve all of your problems.
Quote Hello Phynx,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Your disappointment is completely understandable. The issue with CR2 files from Canon 6DMkii is resolved in PhD9, but not PhD8 (even with the latest 3812 patch installed).

I'll report this to the development team at CL.

PIX

Still no update for PD8 to correct this flaw.
I consider the lagging support for PD8 from Cyberlink as an outrageous commercial stunt to get us customers to just buy newest version. As Cyberlink upgrade prices are generally unreasonably steep (- in spite of all the "tremendous offers"), I refuse to succumb to this con-trickery.
Quote Hello Phynx,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Your disappointment is completely understandable. The issue with CR2 files from Canon 6DMkii is resolved in PhD9, but not PhD8 (even with the latest 3812 patch installed).

I'll report this to the development team at CL.

PIX

Thank you for your efford.
PD 8 Ultra.
Same issue here. My camera is a Canon EOS 6 Mark II. I reported the issue 2017-10, and the answer was, that drivers for the specific raw files were not yet out. I just installed latest update, and was disappointed to experience, that there was no change. Really?!
The program is useless to me without the ability to import my raw files.
Go to: