Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please help - imported RAW photos do not display correctly
MichalNovak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2014 06:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am a user of PhotoDirector 4, version 4.0.4317.0. Recently I started to take my pictures in RAW files. My camera is PANASONIC DMC-FZ200, raw files are .RW2.

The issue is that when I import RAW photos into PhotoDirector, they don´t display correctly. The RAW picture displayed in PhotoDirector has dark edges, the strong fish-eye effect is visible and the colors are washed-out. I also noticed that during the importing process (while being loaded) the picture is displayed correctly for a moment (half a second) and after the importing process is finished, the imported photo changes awfully the way I desribed above.

I attached the print sreen of the above - the first photo is from importing process (correct display) and the second photo shows the imported photo after importing process is finished (incorrect display).

Important thing is that pictures are displayed in my camera´s monitor correctly and they are displayed correctly also in Silkypix Developer Studio 3.1 - program supplied by PANASONIC together with camera.

Please, can you help me? Do I have to change some preferences in PhotoDirector?
[Thumb - Picture uploaded.jpg]
 Filename
Picture uploaded.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
205 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)
[Thumb - Picture being loaded.jpg]
 Filename
Picture being loaded.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
188 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
203 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello MichalNovak,

Welcome to the PhD forum

I can confirm your display issue with RAW files from the Pana DMC-FZ200 in PhD4

Sample files were downloaded from http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_fz200_review/sample_images/ and display exactly as you've experienced. Unfortunately, even converting to DNG with Adobe DNG Converter did not correct the problem.

The same thing occurs with PhotoDirector 5, which would be of no comfort to you.

I'll report this incompatibility to the R&D team at CL. They'll be keen to provide a fix, I'm sure.

PIX

[Thumb - Pana DMC-FZ200.jpg]
 Filename
Pana DMC-FZ200.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
130 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
760 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19. 2014 07:47

PIX YouTube channel
MichalNovak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2014 06:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank You very much, PIX, I appreciate your quick reply. At least I know the problem is not in my computer or my version of PhD. I hope the guys will be capable to fix it in close future as I just got used to PhD.

Hope it will help the others as well and PhotoDirector will come another bit closer to perfection.

Stay well,

Michal Novak
PaulRodden [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2017 13:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a new Panasonic TZ100 UK (ZS100 US) (Firmware 1.2) and in PhD8 Ultra b.3019

Also having the same problem with RAW (.RW2) images (not all) importing as if fish-eye lens was used.

This does not happen in Zoner Photo Studio 18 Pro, Lightroom 5, Affinity, or Aftershot 3...

Looks like it hasn't been fixed. frown

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2017 13:54

[Post New]
Hello Paul,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

I'm afraid I can confirm your observations.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
This is probably about the update issue, there is some conflict if you've updated your windows or PowerDVD recently. We've already faced such problem, but as we fixed all the compatibility bugs, it was no more a problem. Web Development Services Pakistan
NM8201 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2017 16:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Paul,

I'm afraid I can confirm your observations.

PIX

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have tried the PhD8 and downoaded a trial of PhD9 - same results. Is there any signal from CyberLink that they confim the error or an upcoming fix? Hard to consider buying the upgrade with the known problem.

TIA - Ron
[Post New]
Hello Ron,

Your concern is reasonable. All I can do is report these issues to CyberLink... or give up moderating to take up full-time photo compatibility testing!

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 06. 2017 16:28

PIX YouTube channel
NM8201 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2017 16:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thannks for taking the time to read and reply.

Ron
[Post New]
PD 8 Ultra.
Same issue here. My camera is a Canon EOS 6 Mark II. I reported the issue 2017-10, and the answer was, that drivers for the specific raw files were not yet out. I just installed latest update, and was disappointed to experience, that there was no change. Really?!
The program is useless to me without the ability to import my raw files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 25. 2018 17:02

[Post New]
Hello Phynx,

Your disappointment is completely understandable. The issue with CR2 files from Canon 6DMkii is resolved in PhD9, but not PhD8 (even with the latest 3812 patch installed).

I'll report this to the development team at CL.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello Phynx,

Your disappointment is completely understandable. The issue with CR2 files from Canon 6DMkii is resolved in PhD9, but not PhD8 (even with the latest 3812 patch installed).

PIX

Thank you for your efford.
[Post New]
Quote Hello Phynx,

PIX

Still no update for PD8 to correct this flaw.
I consider the lagging support for PD8 from Cyberlink as an outrageous commercial stunt to get us customers to just buy newest version. As Cyberlink upgrade prices are generally unreasonably steep (- in spite of all the "tremendous offers"), I refuse to succumb to this con-trickery.
DeliBaker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2018 22:17 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've used PD since v6 but now after upgrading I'm having a similar issue as well! Current patch level on my installation is 9.0.2727b.67294_GM5_win_Patch_PTD180112-4. It's is happening when shooting both RAW & JPEG capture with a Sony A6000. After importing directly from the camera - all the RAW files have a fisheye-outward bow to them while the JPEG files are fine. Viewed the same exact files with Sony Capture One 11 and PhotoShop Elements 2018 without any issue.

Some other issues with this version - slow performance, appears to hang generating a Win 10 message that program appears to not be responding, having all the thumbnails displayed in the viewer is hit or miss - quite often there is just a grey place holder where the image should be, long delay in displaying selected image in main window if at all, ... All my drivers have been updated as suggested in another post.

DeliBaker
[Post New]
Hello DeliBaker,

Without knowing your computer, it's hard to know what may be causing those issues.

Here, in PhD9, raw files from Sony A6000 display correctly without the distortion you've observed.

Could you please post screenshots of the "outward bow" you're seeing? For the other issues, it would be helpful to attach your DxDiag report.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
DeliBaker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2018 22:17 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pix,

I orginally wrote the below before I noticed something odd about the pictures. Those original images were taken with the 16-50mm kit lens and I now noticed the vignetting at the corners of the raw images. I just reshot them using a prime 50mm and there is no distortion or vignetting between the images in PhotoDirector 9. Just don't understand why the orignals shots show OK in PhotoShop though, any ideas??

Thanks again,

DeliBaker

"Thanks for getting back to me regarding this I don't know how to embed the images using this editor, the link asks for a URL, so I attached two screen shots to this message, The first is from PhotoDirector 9 with the raw image on the left and the jpeg on the right. The second image is the same two files in the same order displayed in PhotoShop 2018 with no corrections to the raw file. The bowing/barrel effect is really visible when switching between photos in PhotoDirector on my computer, but you can see the differences in object placement.

The other issues may have been caused by earlier installed versions of various Cyberlink software. Since uninstalling all except PhotoDirector 9 and PowerDirector 15 I don't seem to have those issues any longer. I also attached the DxDiag report for your review."

Thannks again for your help ,

DeliBaker
[Thumb - PS2018.PNG]
 Filename
PS2018.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
PhotoShop 2018
 Filesize
745 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - PD9.PNG]
 Filename
PD9.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
PhotoDirector 9
 Filesize
684 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag Report
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
295 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 24. 2018 21:58

Janet3900 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Mar 14, 2016 21:42 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issues since June 2018. I use a Nikon 7200 with up-to-date firmware. I first thought it was my graphic drivers needing upgrading but after upgrading it continues to wash out the colors in raw images which LR, CorelPaint, nor Luminar do not do. It is almost as if it is not recognizing color calibration of the monitor. This has just started in the last few months. Worked fine until then. My PhD Ultra 8 has the latest patch. My computer drivers are up-to-date and so it my camera. Need a fix.

Thanks,

Janet
[Post New]
Quote I am having the same issues...

Janet

Well, it seems that you - as the rest of us - are caught in the software mill. I am sure, you will hear, that Ph.d. 9 will solve all of your problems.
Janet3900 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Mar 14, 2016 21:42 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]

Well, it seems that you - as the rest of us - are caught in the software mill. I am sure, you will hear, that Ph.d. 9 will solve all of your problems.

What they may not realize is that this is the very reason I have not upgraded again. The fact is I tried last fall and it froze my Win10 Pro OS so I had to back out and return to PhD8. Now this(;

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2018 11:50

[Post New]

...it froze my Win10 Pro OS so I had to back out and return to PhD8. Now this(;

Urgh! Yeah, things like these (sloppy software) are so annoying. So I can see, you are caught between a rock and a hard place.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2018 12:15