Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: To this point, my efforts via the support channel have been infuriating. Over the course of the past few weeks, absolutely nothing useful has come via that channel.

FWIW, I downloaded a competing product (TMT5) to try a trial version. It plays perfectly. I've dumped money into PowerDVD twice now (9->11 and then the 11->12 upgrade to get the 3d upconversion) and am beginning to feel quite bitter about this experience.

Have any long-term users noticed a pattern to the update / patch schedule? This disc has been out 6 weeks. That's an awfully long time to wait to watch a movie after buying it. Especially for my kids and the neighbors. Ever had to deal with a bunch of 7-12 year olds eager to do something? <shudder>

I've already switched to TMT 5 also.

Normal Blu-ray manufactures have firmware patches to fix disc problems out within 7-14 days. Six weeks for PowerDVD is ridiculous for a mainstream movie.
Quote: try ripping your disk to the hard disk in iso form using anydvd HD and then play iso using virtual clone drive and it should work then.

Doesn't work. I rip all my movies to ISO and play them that way. My original post was referring to my ISO rip actually.
What is the other program you are using? Does it support Windows Media Center?
I have the John Carter 3D Blu-ray disc and I'm having a LOT of issues getting it to play in Windows Media Center 7 (with 3D turned on OR off, doesn't matter which). It just won't get past the initial loading screen of previews. It's just a black screen after that.

If I try to skip to a different chapter it shows the first shot of the picture on the screen but then just freezes on that. Every chapter does the same thing.

I can play the 2D Blu-ray version just fine it seems though. This is only an issue with the 3D version as far as I can tell.

Can anyone else please confirm? I have been able to get other 3D movies to work.

Count me as another disappointed customer here. ANY main 3D Blu-ray player on the market these days can auto-detect and switch between 2D and 3D. You can buy one online for less than $70. How does PowerDVD not do this? Very annoying.

PLEASE FIX!
Hi -

I'd like to report a bug. I'm using the absolute latest version of PowerDVD 12 Ultra.

Yesterday I played a Blu-ray in my Windows Media Center box (with the PowerDVD plugin). It played just fine. When the movie was over, I ejected it and went back to the main WMC Start menu.

Today my wife popped in my kid's movie that he wanted to watch, also a Blu-ray, and I got the error "Cyperlink PowerDVD 12 is already running". I've never seen this problem before. Clicking OK did nothing. Because I didn't have a keyboard/mouse attached, I restarted the machine and everything was normal again.

Why can't it just detect if PowerDVD is running and then kill and restart itself? This message was not "wife friendly" and she had to call me up to help her.

Also, when is the next patch due out? The "refresh rate is not the same" message keeps popping up. I need it to remember my selection so my wife doesn't have to deal with that message over and over every time we watch another movie.

Thanks!

Ethan
Go to: