Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all,

this is definitely a cyberlink issue and not ASRock as HDR is working fine with native Windows player in the last Windows 10 update.

Also the problem affects Intel NUCs too.

Here is the fix as I receiveid no satisfying answer from cyberlink support :

Cyberlink has advised us to try the following temporary

1. Get the CLADR.zip from the following link
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akg407Jlpix9oGWyUGxKvVPXJF15[/size]

2. Unzip the CLADR.zip, then replace the CLADR.ax file in the following path (based on PowerDVD 17 Ultra):

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\Common\

3. There is a side effect that the volume would be set to 0 everytime PowerDVD switches to exclusive mode to play UHD BD. Please adjust the volume to play the sound.
Hi all,

I received THE right answer from ASRock support. The solution also resolved another person owning an Intel NUC (also kaby lake).

The solution is to replace CLADR.ax file with another one which fixes the problem.

I don't know if I am allowed to share this file so please Cyberlink share the patch officially, meanwhile PM me

After replacing the file, the audio works fine for 4K HDR files

Damien
Hi,

I have no audio while playing HDR videos (or ticking HDR enhancements for regular videos)
I have downloaded tests videos : they play correctly in windows 10 native player (windows fall update which supports HEVC hdr) but in PowerDVD I have no audio (whereas the video is displayed correctly in hdr).
As soon as I play a non HDR video the audio is played correctly (whatever format it is : AC3, dolby atmos...)

I have a beebox-s kaby lake 7100 CPU with the latest intel drivers (4815)

One more thing : if I install 4678 intel graphics drivers the audio plays fine but the video is laggy so I'd rather stick to the latest intel drivers.
I also tried to disable hd audio bitstream in the audio settings (hdmi 2.0a output connected to Marantz 4K receiver then to LG oled 4K TV) with no luck. Basically beebox-s is just an intel kaby lake NUC in another case

Thank you
I am replying to myself.

The problem is not PowerDVD but the Onkyo receiver.

TO ANYONE HAVING TROUBLES WITH 3D THROUGH HDMI 1.4 RECEIVER (plugged to HDMI 1.4 3D TV too of course)

I suspect the last onkyo firmware to be faulty as I didn't have this problem before

The Onkyo receiver should report its own audio capabilities + the video capabilities of the TV connected to the receiver.

It is not the case, or partially the case. With a toolt called "monitor asset manager" I was able to see that no 3D formats were supported by the receiver, although the 3D formats were reported if I directly connected the PC to the 3D TV.
FIX THIS BUG ONKYO !

Meantime, you have to replace the faulty EDID (the information reported by the HDMI device).
Very simple with the tool :
1/ Connect the PC directly to the TV and launch the tool : under [Real-Time XXX] you will see your device and the 3D formats supported. Do "File" menu, "Create inf". Save it to monitor-tv.inf
2/ Unplug and then connect your PC to the receiver (also the TV should be connected to the receiver and running).
Do a refresh (F5), then File menu, create inf. Save it to monitor-receiver.inf (for backup)
3/ In other forums, it is said to merge the 2 files. I didn't, as only the video part is used by the system :
in hardware manager, right click on the monitor / generic plug and play monitor, update driver, search for a driver in computer, choose in the drivers list, then select the location of your modified monitor-tv.inf file, validate the unsigned driver
4/ Reboot and unplug/replug your HDMI cable. Try PowerDVD

If you have troubles do the merge :
1/ From file monitor-receiver.inf, search "[OVERRIDDEN-EDID_AddReg]" section, and copy the "HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1",....." line
2/ In file monitor-tv.inf, replace the "HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1",....." line by the one copied.

Hi,

the firmware menu says : 1121-1177-0211-3107

When I try to update it through internet, it says that I already have the last version.

Do you guys get to make it work through a HDMI 1.4 receiver ? (and eventually a recent AMD card as it may also be the culprit)

Thanks

Damien
Hi,

when I plug my radeon HD 7750 directly to the TV (HDMI 1.4 Panasonic), 3D is detected correctly and 3D playback works fine.

But when I plug the card to the receiver (onkyo TX NR 709, which support HDMI 1.4), PowerDVD says that 3D is not supported when I select HDMI 1.4 1080p or 720p

I have tried catalysts drivers 12.3 and 12.4

Thank you for your support

Damien
Go to: