Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D not detected whend plugged to HDMI 1.4 receiver
albain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2012 11:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

when I plug my radeon HD 7750 directly to the TV (HDMI 1.4 Panasonic), 3D is detected correctly and 3D playback works fine.

But when I plug the card to the receiver (onkyo TX NR 709, which support HDMI 1.4), PowerDVD says that 3D is not supported when I select HDMI 1.4 1080p or 720p

I have tried catalysts drivers 12.3 and 12.4

Thank you for your support

Damien
peterpondus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 02:34 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
If it works with the TV and not the receiver, my best guess would be that the receiver needs a firmware update?
peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like it. What's the firmware version on your Onkyo if I may ask?
albain [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

the firmware menu says : 1121-1177-0211-3107

When I try to update it through internet, it says that I already have the last version.

Do you guys get to make it work through a HDMI 1.4 receiver ? (and eventually a recent AMD card as it may also be the culprit)

Thanks

Damien
albain [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am replying to myself.

The problem is not PowerDVD but the Onkyo receiver.

TO ANYONE HAVING TROUBLES WITH 3D THROUGH HDMI 1.4 RECEIVER (plugged to HDMI 1.4 3D TV too of course)

I suspect the last onkyo firmware to be faulty as I didn't have this problem before

The Onkyo receiver should report its own audio capabilities + the video capabilities of the TV connected to the receiver.

It is not the case, or partially the case. With a toolt called "monitor asset manager" I was able to see that no 3D formats were supported by the receiver, although the 3D formats were reported if I directly connected the PC to the 3D TV.
FIX THIS BUG ONKYO !

Meantime, you have to replace the faulty EDID (the information reported by the HDMI device).
Very simple with the tool :
1/ Connect the PC directly to the TV and launch the tool : under [Real-Time XXX] you will see your device and the 3D formats supported. Do "File" menu, "Create inf". Save it to monitor-tv.inf
2/ Unplug and then connect your PC to the receiver (also the TV should be connected to the receiver and running).
Do a refresh (F5), then File menu, create inf. Save it to monitor-receiver.inf (for backup)
3/ In other forums, it is said to merge the 2 files. I didn't, as only the video part is used by the system :
in hardware manager, right click on the monitor / generic plug and play monitor, update driver, search for a driver in computer, choose in the drivers list, then select the location of your modified monitor-tv.inf file, validate the unsigned driver
4/ Reboot and unplug/replug your HDMI cable. Try PowerDVD

If you have troubles do the merge :
1/ From file monitor-receiver.inf, search "[OVERRIDDEN-EDID_AddReg]" section, and copy the "HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1",....." line
2/ In file monitor-tv.inf, replace the "HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1",....." line by the one copied.