Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I too am VERY disappointed by this new change/policy... Point of clarification - if I live somewhere with an internet connection that is... less than reliable... is that going to cause serious issues with using subscription based software? We often have issues streaming Netflix/Amazon - will I also have issues if I attempt to switch to this subscription service? I have a feeling it will....
Ooops - forgot to include my other issue... Not sure if it is the same issue or a different issue.

I also transferred a bunch of VHS films to digital with a transfer box. (VHS player plugs into a box and then the box plugs into the computer). I tried converting some of my "old favorite" VHS movies and home movies to digital and have noticed issues with the video and audio.... The sync gets off and the "mouth movement" doesn't really match the sound any more. With animated films, the sound sync problems isn't as obvious but there are issues with the display of the animation... it is... chopped up into lines... From google - I am thinking that is something involving interlacing vs progressive scan but I don't know enough to know how/what needs to be done to fix it.... Will this software allow me to "realign" the audio sync and/or fix the interlacing issue? Or am I wanting to do something that is not really possible?

If anyone has a recommendation on a website with good basic information that I can use to learn the proper terms/etc for this - I would love to know about it.
Thanks for the reply... i greatly appreciate it. I looked at the digital camera - video shutter speeds are not adjustable. The projector I am using is a 30+ year old projector. It doesn't even technically HAVE a variable speed control... I adjust the speed by taking off the back and tweaking the capacitors to adjust the speed.

So - am I understanding you correctly that none of these types of software programs will do this? (i.e. Allow me to split apart the audio and video tracks and shift the playback speeds independently...)
Hello -

I am trying to determine if this program (PD 10) has the specific capabilities that I am looking for. I am fairly new to the video editing/creation process so I am not 100% sure of the proper terminology that I need to search for.... Here's what I need/want to do...

I have a great many 8mm film home movies that I want to digitize and preserve. I have the equipment needed to project/record the film via a transfer box and digital camcorder but I have specific needs when it comes to editing it. B/c of the frame speed of the 8mm film projector is slower than the frame speed of the camcorder - when I record it on the camcorder with the projector on "normal" speed - there is a very strong "flicker" effect on the digital version. I can tweak the speed of the projector to speed it up to compensate for the flicker - but when I do that - it screws up the soundtrack and we all sound like Mickey Mouse. What I would LIKE to do is record the film and then digitally separate the audio and video tracks... then I can either speed up the video track to digitally correct the flicker or decrease the speed of the audio track. Or possibly lower the pitch of the audio track to compensate for the "mickey mouse" sound. Does this software have that capability? Or is that something that is only available in professional level video editing programs?

I appreciate your assistance....
Go to: