Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit Image Button - PhotoNow
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Should PhotoNow be included in PD7?

When I press the 'Edit Image' button I get;

'Failed to launch PhotoNow! Please re-install the PhotoNow! program'

Am I missing something? Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD7 installed PhotoNow for me. It is an updated version from PD6 as the new vs original layout looks a little different. No real other obvious improvements. Mine is version 1.1.0.5203, PD6 had version 1.0.0.4310 for me.

You might check C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PhotoNow and see if the program is there. If not, I suppose the Uninstall and reinstall of PD that Dafydd outlined is probably in order. That is the approach I used to first remove PD6 and then install PD7.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page

Part C

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed,

Jeff has given the right course of action to follow. I would also consider after the uninstall of PD7:
Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > CyberLink PhotoNow > Remove

Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > SmartSound QuickTracks > Remove

I would then go into Program Files and delete the two above named directories - removing any remaining data.

Both these will be reinstalled when you install PD7 1714.

By removing the PhotoNow in this way you ensure the product is likely to be installed without a problem.

The suggestions I have given are what I would do - follow them at your own risk.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2008 04:46

Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Hi; thanks for the advice; re-installation certainly worked; however see my post in 'PowerDirector crashes when altering DVD menus'

I have not been able to install 1714; though have managed to re-install 1628 with PhotoNow working; so an improvement.

I have been in contact with Cyberlink about the 1714 download; at one stage I was starting to think was a system problem but as 1628 installed OK think it must be a problem with their 1714 files; or at least the ones I have been linked to? Will see what they say.

Though 1714 is obviously working for some people? Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)