Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Update. Tech support told me the problem was turned over to engineering but sugested I upgrade to 17 as it is supose to have better text export. Not sure I want to "buy" a fix.

Wow, that kinda sucks...
I opened one of these video to look at what text font I had used (was used by default). It was one I hadn't used in anything other than videos before, so I changed it to Times New Roman, a very common font I've used in everything computer related. It looked much better on the text screen. However, when I inserted it into the video, it was the same problem only worse. The letters looked like they were dripping water.

Havent had time to try others.
Quote What profile are you producing to? If you're using titles in PD for your text and you're producing to 720 or above (like HD or 4K), your text should be sharp and clear.

MPEG-2 1920 x 1080/60i (25 mbps) is the profile.
PD 16 user, version 16.0.3424.0

In my videos, the text looks very undefined, the edges of the text are not sharp. I hadn't noticed this until the last few videos I've done.

Any suggestions?
I'm using PD10, saving the videos in either .mov or mp4. I've uploaded many videos and know how to do it.

This week Youtube says I am uploading in an unrecognizeable format. I am saving from PD10 to MPEG4 and MOV. This is how I've done all previous youtube uploads (more than 50). Anybody else have this happen??
Here is part B diagnostic file attached.
Thanks for helping Steve. I added my hardware stuff and PD information to my signature. Sorry for not doing that in advance.

Laptop or desktop?

Desktop

Did you produce those videos to a file that you can play back on your computer?

Yes. This looks very dull and dark.

Right click on the produced fire and tell us the properties (detail).

NeroMedia Player Media Files Size 845 MB

Did you preview the file on your computer before uploading them to YouTube?

Yes and it looked as dull and dark as the youtube video.

Did you apply any fixes to the videos before uploading them?

Not to any video footage. I added beginning, middle and ending titles, stripped the sound track from the camera file and added a 16 bit .WAV file I recorded in Reaper. I've done the .wav files on the Kadak videos as well. I did nothing to the video except a number of editing cuts.

After seeing how bad and dark the final youtube was, I went back and lightened up the video files (didn't produce a final of this) and it looked better, but still a long way from the quality of the Cannon files I originally imported.

Provide any other information that you might remember.

Produced as MPEG-4 under "Best Quality MPEG-4"

I recently purchased a much better video camera, a Cannon Vixia HF G20 and replaced an inexpensive video camera, a Kodak Zi8. The quality of the Cannon is vastly superior.

I shot footage for a video in the Cannon and imported it to PD10 and started editing. The footage looked great and I was happy about the results of the new equipment.

Then about 1/2 way through the editing process, the video quality in the display and playback changed. Things became much darker and duller. The final produced video looks way worse to me than the videos I did with the Kodak, also edited in PD10.

Here are two examples.

Kodak Zi8 pocket Video camera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpn3ZphXKFE

Cannon Vixia HF G20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENYXgRpbwHQ

Can anybody tell me why this did this? The raw footage from the Cannon is such better quality, but PD10 did something to it to make it look worse.

Thanks in advance!
Hello all,

Sorry if this has been discussed many times before, a search didn't find what I was looking for.

I've used PD10 for a while. I'd like to upgrade to 11 and build a new computer that will run it much better than my current computer. I'd like to keep the budget to 2000.00 or under. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Go to: