Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,
I recently purchased the upgrade from PD11 Ultimate to PowerDirector 12 Ultimate Suite from v.11 Ultimate.

Now that I'm actually doing the install, I noticed that the default install directory is "C:\Program Files (x86)" and not "C:\Program Files".

Does this mean that I'm installing a 32-bit version?

I checked my PD11 install and it was in the 64-Bit folder "C:\Program Files" so I wanted to make sure before I got to far into it.

Or was there a setup feature that I missed along the way.

Using Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.

Thanks~
Hi Robert,
Downloaded the latest 2023 update for PD10 and it didn't do anything for rendering.
I drug a bunch of photos into the timeline with no transitions and hit play.... it plays about 2 seconds, then stops, then renders, then plays again... but it won't render anything past the current photo so it's rather pointless.

So I created a profile in NVidia settings to disable Cuda for PD10. Seems to work.

But that brings the question.... is PD using anything on my new card for speeding up the editing or rendering process?

Or is it just a boat anchor?

Thanks for any other feedback.

Hi All,
Thanks for your input and feedback.

I went with the 4GB version in the end.
I haven't had a lot of time to really test it but noticed one thing relating to PD...

I'm not sure what's causing it, but I constantly get "Rendering" pauses when playing in the edit screen.
And this is with just photos, no transitions or anything else complicated.
Just a timeline with photos.

I have the latest drivers installed but I read somewhere the nvidia drivers are pretty bad for this so I'm going to test going back to 301.42 and see if it fixes it.

Any suggestions on the settings in PD that could impact this issue?

Thanks
Hi All,
I'm looking to upgrade my video card and was wondering what I should get.

One of the options I am considering is the GTX680 4GB vs 2GB version of the card.
Does extra memory on the video card add anything to overall performance of editing and rendering?

What I'm most concerned about in performance is editing time. I use a lot of effects, transitions and HD home video and for me, just overall response in the edit window is what I'm most interested in improving.

Also, I know that an SSD would also help in overall performance.
If I get one, what is the best place to put it to improve editing large videos?
Just OS Install?
OS and PD11 Install?
Just video files and temp files?
Put OS, PD11, and original and temp video files?

Thanks for any input you have.
Are you thinking of this thread where you pointed me to that directory in the first place?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22709.page

It's to bad they (cyblerlink) couldn't release the PD files used to create those movies.
Then we could just swap out textures and create a whole new set of styles.

I wonder if I could somehow mask out one of the colors on the wall and put a more rustic color on the walls then...

hmmm.... never done anything like that.

Any suggestions on how I could rebuild the intro and ending movies or replace them with something similar?
Existing transitions or PIP effects that might give the same or similar result?

They are a really cool effect and although the transitions are nice by them selves, I think the beginning and
ending movies are just about as important as the beginning and ending of any movie....

Thanks again Tony!
Hi,
I really like the concept of the Gallery Movie style.

I'd like to modify it with a different theme such as the Grand Canyon...
ie change the walls and frames to be more "rustic", change the photo through the doors etc.

I found the directory where the template is located with the fram and wall jpgs, etc...
From the way it looks, the style is pieced together using many individual jpgs for the Frames etc...

The only issue is the Opening & Closing WMV files.

Does anyone have any ideas how to recreate the WMV files using different wall textures from the "map" jpegs in the directory? I'd keep the same picture size & locations so the alpha wmv would not have to be modified.

I suspect this would be a pretty complicated endevor.

Thanks for ANY help,

The difference with mine is that it's 20 minutes long.

So what movie magic does is have several special transitions in the middle.... like this....

Intro Sequence
3-4 minutes of photos & clips
a special transition walking around the gallary wall <<<< Want to re-render this
a special transition walking around the gallary wall <<<< Want to re-render this
closing sequence walking out the door....

When I re-do the clip pan & zooms, none of the transitions match with the rest of the video.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again
Hi ynotfish,

I was able to find the backup files which is good for the future.
But the recovered files didn't really work because I would have been in the same boat.
I wanted to use the gallery so any work before I run the movie magic wizard would have wiped my work out.
So I re-did a lot of the work a second time after I re-ordered my clips.

The only one I've tried in Magic Movie Wizard was the Gallery Style.
I had mostly photos and you know how photos are, many times you want to focus on one area of the picture or go from one specific point to another.

So the issue was in the gallery movie where it went into the "Gallery" transitions... moving from one photo on the wall to another. You could tell even if I didn't change the order of the photos, it would jump from where movie magic started the photo-pan-and-zoom, to where I wanted it to start on that photo.

I never really did anything with picture in picture in Pinnacle, but these transitions look a lot like a pip type of element.
So I thought if I could find what transitions it was using for each one, I'd be able to just replace those pip transitions and have it re-render with the new pan starting points.

Anyway, this software seems leaps and bounds above Pinnacle if only because it is 64 bit and uses GPU processing.

Not to mention the possibility of user generated and shared content integrated into the software!

Thanks again for any more help.
Thanks for the tips guys.

I changed he autosave time to 5 minutes.

My only real issue is that the movie magic photo transitions are usually pretty bad so I want to redo them. Then the transitions don't match the photo pans.

Is there a way to do the same thing as movie magic but manually?

it looks like they are pip objects and basic transitions but I can't find them.

Thanks again

Hi,
I thought I'd give the movie magic wizard a try and it was great....
Until after realized I had to rotate and re-order a bunch of clips.

I used the "Gallery" wizard which produced a nice finished video with the affect I wanted.

However, I then modified the rotations + Pan & Zooms of about 200 photos in the clip to what I wanted.
Then I re-ran the Movie Magic to update all the transision effects,

It wiped out all my Pan/Zoop & Rotations on the photos.

So I lost all the work!

Is there a way to force it to rerender all the movie magic transitions without clearing all my changes?
I tried using the "From Timeline"option but apparently it only takes the items from the timeline
and not any changes I made in the timeline.

Any help would be great!

Even if it's just how to re-render transitions on an individual basis... I can handle that.

Thanks!
Go to: