Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is this 64-Bit Version? "Upgrade to PowerDirector 12 Ultimate Suite from v.11 Ultimate"
kmzimm9999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2012 00:29 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I recently purchased the upgrade from PD11 Ultimate to PowerDirector 12 Ultimate Suite from v.11 Ultimate.

Now that I'm actually doing the install, I noticed that the default install directory is "C:\Program Files (x86)" and not "C:\Program Files".

Does this mean that I'm installing a 32-bit version?

I checked my PD11 install and it was in the 64-Bit folder "C:\Program Files" so I wanted to make sure before I got to far into it.

Or was there a setup feature that I missed along the way.

Using Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.

Thanks~
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
You're OK. Some parts of PD load into the 32 bit folders. Win 10, i7
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
I recently purchased the upgrade from PD11 Ultimate to PowerDirector 12 Ultimate Suite from v.11 Ultimate.

Now that I'm actually doing the install, I noticed that the default install directory is "C:\Program Files (x86)" and not "C:\Program Files".

Does this mean that I'm installing a 32-bit version?

I checked my PD11 install and it was in the 64-Bit folder "C:\Program Files" so I wanted to make sure before I got to far into it.

Or was there a setup feature that I missed along the way.

Using Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.

Thanks~

Hi kmzimm9999,
As has already been stated by HDedit, some parts are 32bit and others in the Ultimate package are 64bit. PDR12 is 64bit as is ColorDirector2.
Dafydd
JVCGZHD6_CrapsTODfiles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2009 17:17 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I had the full retail version of PD11 Ultimate installed and then installed the upgrade to PD12 Ultimate 64-bit. I noticed that the Richvideo64 files did not change. What file date/size should I have? Here's what I have: Program Files\Cyberlink\Shared files\RichVideo64.exe Sept. 4, 2012 1:42:36 382kb

When I installed the upgrade to V12 Ultimate it left the V11 Ultimate on my system, can I uninstall V11? V11 install never indicated that it was the 64-bit version, V12 does and earlier versions did.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I had the full retail version of PD11 Ultimate installed and then installed the upgrade to PD12 Ultimate 64-bit. I noticed that the Richvideo64 files did not change. What file date/size should I have? Here's what I have: Program Files\Cyberlink\Shared files\RichVideo64.exe Sept. 4, 2012 1:42:36 382kb

When I installed the upgrade to V12 Ultimate it left the V11 Ultimate on my system, can I uninstall V11? V11 install never indicated that it was the 64-bit version, V12 does and earlier versions did.

All that shows is, Richvideo construction hasn't changed in the latest version. Mine is dated 2012-09-12 YYYYMMDD.

Open the PDR11 About data, select PowerDirector, top left name.
In the displayed dialogue popup, read the data... 64bit.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2013 10:54

Militis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2014 00:45 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I bought PowerDirector 12 Deluxe. I had the basic version of PD11 and it wouldn't let me download it again.

The trial of PD12 runs in 64-bit, but I can't find where the install download (1_CyberLink_PowerDirector12_Deluxe_VDE131210-01.exe) lets me install 64-bit. The production version of PD12 for me doesn't work - blows up every time I try to open it. The trial software will work but I'm missing all the features I paid for and that big ugly POWERDIRECTOR TRIAL overlay on my finished product. What am I missing?

*Edit* - Tried reinstalling the version I was given as a link from CyberLink. It still blows sky high on the load. It gives me a link in there to get an update for the software, but then it sends me to the downloader for the TRIAL software again!!

*Edit* - Is there a way to put my Product Key into the trial software so it unlocks everything?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 17. 2014 01:00

Militis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2014 00:45 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I recant. Finally figured out how to get and apply the patch. Appears to be working now. I apologize for the frustration.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Militis,
When you have a problem/issue/question, please start a NEW topic and not jump into another member's thread as you've done here. Members will assist you. Guide to check out: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29698.page
Forum Moderator