Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The video was short, as it was under 5 minutes. I'm going to try a different brand of DVD, as I used a Office Depot brand, and saw online a lot of people saying to use Verbatim disc's if they were having problems burning DVDs.
I want to record my edited movie onto a DVD, but when I go into Create Disc and click on the Burn button nothing happens at all. It doesn't start rendering or anything. First, I had removed the title of the disc, and told it No Menu. I am using PowerDirector 9 Ultra 64 edition, and running it on a machine with Vista 64 operating system. The machine has 12gb of memory, so that shouldn't be an issue, and there is 48+ disk space available.
The DV camera is a Panasonic PV-GS250, which came with software for transferring to a PC. The software is named MotionDV Studio, and that is the software I used to capture the video, that gave me the AVI file that PowerDirector won't import. The camera has a fireware connection that I used to capture the video in MotionDV Studio. So if I connect the camera with firewire, I should be able to capture the video in PowerDirector, hence bypassing the import avi issue. Is that correct.
I converted the AVI to Mpeg2, and could import it into PowerDirector. However, I can see where the video quality is not as crisp with the Mpeg2 verion as it is in the AVI file, when I played each of those in Windows Media Player.

The original AVI file was captured on another program from a DV camera. If I capture the video from the DV camera directly into PowerDirector, can I edit it and produce a DVD. Also, I'm using PowerDirector 9 64bit version, and was wondering if the AVI import problems is still there with newer versions of PowerDirector.
The AVI files I tried to Import in PowerDirector were NOT compressed wit Divx, as I used a program from Panasonic named MotionDV Studio to capture the video from my DV camera. In my posting I just mentioned that I was able to play the captured video file in Divx, and also I could play it in Windows Media Player. Knowing that, do you still feel I cannot import that file. Also, I am using the 64bit version of PowerDirector.

If you feel I should convert the video file to something other than AVI, what medium would you recommend that would retain the best video for use in PowerDirector.
When I try to import an AVI file into PowerDirector 9, I get the following error "An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason." The first file I tried came from Panasonic MotionDV Studio, and the second file I tried came from Nero Vision. I can play either one of those files with Divx, and the video's are fine. Any ideas.
Go to: